Before we get to the recipe, let’s chat briefly about today. It’s Election Day here in the USA. Today, we choose a new president. We choose who is going to run our country for the next 4, maybe 8 years.
It’s a big decision, and I hope everyone of you reading this is voting today! There’s no such thing as a “wasted vote.”
Anyway, we’ll know by tomorrow morning or tonight who is our next president and that’s so exciting. Around Election time, I feel so proud to be American and voting is a privilege. So, whoever you are, wherever you are, whoever you support – go vote! I’ll be voting later this afternoon with Lu.
Gotta earn that “I voted” sticker selfie!
Now for something less controversial: today’s recipe.
My mother and I have been in search of the best veggie burger for a long time. Whenever there’s one on the menu, my mother always asks, “Is the veggie burger homemade or is it frozen?” We’re always bummed when it’s frozen, but always try it if their response is, “It’s homemade!”
I think veggie burgers are underrated and today, I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to enjoy veggie burgers: with spiralized veggies, in a bowl! If you need a veggie burger recommendation, I love Amy’s Kitchen veggie burgers. They never fail!
This is such a satisfying meal that comes together quickly, reheats well, and is one of those meals you make when you don’t know what you want for dinner, you just know you want a bunch of flavors and textures.
Make this veggie burger bowl tonight for dinner, while you watch the Election results roll in! And you’ll probably need a glass of wine nearby too! 😉
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Veggie Burger Bowl with Spiralized Carrots
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 cups chopped or sliced brussels sprouts
- 1/2 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 frozen veggie burgers I like Amy’s
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the carrot potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Toss and let cook for 7 minutes or until tender to your preference.
- Meanwhile, place the brussels sprouts in a food processor and pulse until shredded. Also, add the avocado to a bowl and mash. Season with salt, pepper, lime juice and set aside.
- Once carrot noodles are done, transfer them to two bowls and immediately add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add in the brussels sprouts and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss and cook until brussels start to crisp and brown, about 5 minutes. Add in the soy sauce, stir to combine and then transfer to the bowls with the carrot noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, spritz with cooking spray and add in the veggie burgers. Cook until they’re heated up, 5-7 minutes.
- Top the bowls with the veggie burgers and add the avocado mash on top. Serve.