First there were pumpkin spice sweet potato waffles.
Then there were the blueberry waffles in my cookbook.
Then, there was the parsnaffle.
Now: the potaffle! The potato waffle!
No? Parsnaffle was way more clever.
If you haven’t tried making a spiralized waffle yet, you’re doing yourself an injustice. Spiralized waffles are not only a clean-eating friendly way to enjoy waffles, they’re fun to make, they’re gorgeous and colorful and they’re packed with real flavor from real ingredients.
The process is simple:
- Heat up a Belgian waffle iron.
- Spiralize a large vegetable (starchier veggies – like potatoes – work best, but you can experiment with others.)
- Cook the vegetable noodles with olive oil, salt, pepper and any desired seasonings (I love garlic powder.)
- Transfer the cooked noodles to a mixing bowl with a large egg and toss together until combined.
- Pack the noodles into the waffle iron (should make two waffles.)
- Cook the waffles until the noodles bind together and are firm, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the waffles and enjoy with maple syrup or whatever toppings your heart desires!
With this simple equation, you can make spiralized waffles flawlessly!
This chorizo-potato waffle is hearty. It’s for that Saturday morning after you had one too many glasses of wine the night before and need a real meal. It’s for that Sunday brunch when you invite your friends over for mimosas.
The flavors of the waffle are insanely delicious, because the potato noodles cook in the oils from the cooked chorizo. The addition of the garlic powder and savoriness of the smoked paprika are the cherries on top to this complete breakfast or dinner.
Spiralized waffles can be for both breakfast and dinner (or even lunch) – for a more savory dish, add some mashed avocado on top. For breakfast, use maple syrup (as pictured.)
Or, just go wild and have breakfast for dinner. Or dinner for breakfast.
Have you tried spiralized waffles yet?
INSPIRALIZED SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL? HELP US WIN!
If you haven’t voted for us for the Intuit Quickbooks Small Business Big Game Challenge, please do – you could see Inspiralized up on the big screen in a commercial during the 2016 Superbowl! Thank you, thank you:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
Not including maple syrup: