To say that I’ve had computer issues today would be a vast understatement.
Literally, big black boxes have been scattering all over my screen all day and I’ve had to restart at least a half dozen times. I probably should go to a computer technician, but who has time for that?
Instead, I’m posting up today’s recipe, which is a pasta-spin on my Moroccan kebabs with celeriac rice!
I don’t have much time, because my computer screen literally looks like an EDM light show, so let’s get straight to it.
I wrote this recipe to be made with kohlrabi or turnips, because I made it with kohlrabi the first time and then, when I went to make it the second time (today, for the blog), the grocery store was out of kohlrabi, so I had to grab turnips instead.
The burst tomatoes with the turnip noodles and the rich flavors of the marinated Moroccan chicken is heavenly. My favorite part? The feta.
When you fold in the feta, it melts slightly (feta’s not a melting kind of cheese) to create a velvety smooth, savory sauce alongside the bursted sweet golden tomatoes.
Don’t be afraid by the time of this recipe – a lot of the prepping happens while you wait for the certain elements to cook (the chicken, tomatoes, peppers.) It’s somewhat of a time-consuming recipe, but it’s simple cooking techniques and of course, well worth it.
If you’re looking for meal planning suggestions, this is it! It reheats very well and keeps its flavors well.
Okay, back to figuring out this computer situation – hope you love the recipe, sorry for the delay!
Do recipes that take a while to prepare and cook turn you off or do you accept the challenge?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Moroccan Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini Pasta
- 3/4-1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1.5 cups golden yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3 kohlrabis or turnips
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley to garnish
- For the Moroccan spice mix:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- salt to taste
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the tops off the peppers, deseed them and slice them in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the bell peppers. Cook for 20 minutes and then, using tongs, flip over and cook another 20 minutes or until the peppers are evenly charred. Immediately transfer to a sealable glass container or paper bag and seal. Let sit for 5 minutes and then slice thinly.
- While the peppers cook, whisk together all of the ingredients for the spice mix in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a zip-seal plastic bag and shake to coat. Let marinade for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Once you flip the peppers after the first 20 minutes, add the marinated chicken and tomatoes to another baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Roast for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink inside. Remove from the oven and slice thinly, leaving the tomatoes on the baking tray.
- While chicken cooks, peel and spiralize the kohlrabi (or turnip) using Blade B, trim the noodles and set aside. Then, mince the garlic. Then, thinly slice the red onion.
- Once the chicken and peppers are finished, place a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil heats, add in the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to wilt. Add in the kohlrabi (or turnip) noodles and toss. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your preference, uncovering occasionally to toss. Add in the cooked tomatoes, along with any juices from the baking tray.
- When done, add in the roasted peppers and toss to combine and then remove from heat, sprinkle in the feta, toss to combine again and then divide into bowls and top with sliced chicken and garnish with parsley.