I know, I know, I know — I just shared a video of my Almond Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Bowl with Spiralized Apples.
And now, another oatmeal recipe. But this one is a SAVORY oatmeal, totally different! Can you tell I’m on an oatmeal kick?
This oatmeal, yes, is savory! Savory oatmeal is a big thing now. I’ve seen it all over the ‘net – stirring soft cheeses into the oatmeal to make the oats more like porridge.
I was a little incredulous at first, I’ll admit. But after I poured a packet of DeLallo’s SaladSavors® into the oatmeal and topped it with some spiralized apples, I became a believer.
Let me back up. Today I’m collaborating with DeLallo to introduce their SaladSavors®, pre-packaged, pre-portioned toppings to be used for healthy meals like salads.
I love this idea! You can definitely save your time on meal prep Sundays by grabbing a couple boxes of these – and they came in enough flavors, there’s a topping for everyone.
Here are some spiralized recipe ideas for the different variations of SaladSavors®:
- Zesty Feta: smoky, tart Calamata Olives; sweet roasted red peppers; and tangy, fresh Feta
- Toss this with some roasted beet noodles.
- Vibrant Blue Cheese: blue cheese crumbles, crunchy pecans and sweet dried cherries
- Toss this with pear noodles and serve it as part of a cheese platter.
- Sharp Asiago: aged Asiago, earthy artichoke hearts and chewy, sweet sun-dried tomatoes
- Cook up zucchini pasta and toss this into the pan to warm, adding in the asiago as the last step.
- Tangy Beets: creamy goat cheese, earthy marinated beets and crispy glazed pecans
- Toss this with some kale and roasted butternut squash noodles.
- Fresh Goat Cheese: creamy goat cheese, crunchy walnuts and tangy-sweet cranberries
- Today’s recipe!
- Bold Gorgonzola: Gorgonzola cheese, crispy almond slices, alongside sweet and chewy dried pears
- Caramelize some spiralized onions and toss all of this in and pour it over a pan-roasted pork chop.
- White Cheddar: extra-sharp white Cheddar, toasty almond slices and sweet red apple chips
- Toss together some sauteed potato noodles with arugula and make a savory salad with these toppings.
For today’s recipe, I used their “Fresh” flavor which come with creamy goat cheese, tart and chewy cranberries and crispy walnuts. Everything is perfectly portioned out and comes neatly packaged for ease of use. Definitely great to have on hand when you can’t think of what to make for lunch or dinner and need something to come together literally in 5 minutes. DeLallo’s got your back!
This oatmeal can work as breakfast, lunch, or even a mini-meal in the afternoon when you need that pick me up and have no idea what to make. I’ve definitely had oatmeal mid-day for an energy boost!
A quick note: if you want to make this recipe but don’t have the time to order the SaladSavors®, I’ve included the actual amount of toppings you’ll need in the recipe below.
DeLallo Foods Giveaway
DeLallo Foods is generously giving away all seven flavors of SaladSavors® and some other DeLallo goodies to TWO lucky winners. To enter, use the widget below. US addresses only. Giveaway ends tomorrow at 5pm EST. Goodluck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: This post was sponsored by DeLallo Foods, put all opinions are my own, always.
CHECK OUT ALI’S LATEST POST ON HER LIFESTYLE BLOG, ALISSANDRA B:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 11 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- 3 packs of instant oats
- 1 box of DeLallo’s Salad Savors: fresh flavor*
- 1 apple of choice
- ¾ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- *If you want to make this recipe but don’t have access to the Salad Savors, instead use:
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Empty the contents of the oats packets into three bowls. Pour over ⅔ cup of boiling water over each bowl and stir each until oats fluff up and absorb the moisture fully.
- Spiralize the apple with Blade D and divide the apple noodles onto each bowl of oatmeal and top with equal amounts of the contents of the Salad Savors. Add the almond milk and serve.