Labor Day, which means that you’re probably already vacationing on a mega-yacht sailing through St. Tropez or island-hopping in the Virgin Islands, but tell the hot cabana boy “just a second!”, because you’re gonna wanna see this.
This zucchini noodle recipe has one of the largest ROIs – it’s SO easy and SO simple, but tastes like a fancy-schmancy dish from Le Cirque! Creamy avocado sauces are very popular with zucchini noodles, because they mask any bitterness while remaining fresh and light to accompany the vegetable.
Behold the shrimp: chile, lime, and salt. Perfection with the creamy avocado sauce! Each bite packs a salty, tangy, and spicy punch…. all we’re missing is swee- oh wait, we have sweet: the corn! In an effort to savor the last of my Jersey fresh corn from the farmers’ market, I threw that in too. Isn’t cooking just grand?
Now, back to that cabana boy….
Avocado-Basil Zucchini Noodles with Chile-Lime Shrimp & Corn
*This is an estimate made with Caloriecount.com.
- For the sauce:
- 5 tsp lime
- 8 cranks of the sea salt grinder
- 10 cranks of the peppercorn grinder
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup Chobani 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- For the rest:
- 2.5-3 zucchinis, Blade C
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chili powder or more (to season shrimp)
- 8 medium shrimp
- 1 whole lime
- 1 ear of corn
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your corn on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. When oven preheats, bake for 10 minutes. When done cooking, scrape off kernels with a knife into a bowl and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if needed.
- Place your zucchini noodles into a bowl, pour over the creamy sauce and mix to combine thoroughly. Add in the corn.
- Plate the noodles into a bowl.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and chile powder. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Once heated, add in the shrimp and squeeze the lime over the shrimp. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
- Top the zucchini noodles with the shrimp and enjoy!