A week from today, you’re going to be noshing on leftovers from your July 4th barbecue. Hopefully, they’ll be healthy leftovers!
Today, I’m adding 3 more recipes to this list, which I made for Memorial Day BBQ for a total of 20 spiralized ideas.
Plus, I’m sharing some tips on how to make spiralized meals for groups, which can help you create your own yummy meals for July 4th!
Tips for Making Spiralized Meals for Groups
1. Don’t use any heavy sauces, like tomato or creamy.
2. Use light marinades, like vinegar-based dressings.
3. Trim the noodles after you spiralize, to make sure it’s easy to serve.
4. Use half-moons when making pasta salads, to get an elbow macaroni-like texture.
5. If you want to use a mayonnaise or yogurt-based sauce, add it at the last minute.
6. When using cucumber noodles, make sure to pat them down thoroughly to absorb all excess moisture.
7. The best rices for group rice dishes are beets and carrots – they’re light and don’t require any cooking.
8. Use light, whole cheeses (like feta, goat cheese, mozzarella, ricotta salata) instead of melted, heavy cheeses (like cheddar.)
9. Add fresh herbs to add instant freshness, such as basil, mint, dill and chives.
10. Make healthy fries! Use carrots, parsnips, jicama, rutabaga, and other lighter root veggies to make lighter versions of fries (bake them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan.)
Don’t forget to check out these 17 recipes from the Memorial Day BBQ roundup!
1. Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad: this salad is easy to prepare ahead and the longer it sits in the fridge, the softer the zucchini becomes and the more the flavors marinade.
2. Cucumber Noodle Cantaloupe Salad with Avocado and Feta: fruit with cucumbers creates a refreshing side dish or salad that can be shared with a group.
3. Mint Pesto Zucchini Pasta with Goat Cheese: since these zucchini noodles aren’t heated up, they won’t wilt – plus, the pesto is made with mint, which is nice and fresh for that hot July 4th.
What are your favorite spiralized meals to make for large groups?