This recipe is the first dish I made in my new office!
Seriously, I think I may like my office more than my own apartment. I love the coloring of the kitchen and how cozy it is.
It’s taking every ounce of my being to not spend 90% of the day shopping for decor! And you know I’m in the market for a cactus….
But really, it’s starting to really feel like an office.
The kitchen is almost fully functional, I still have a few things coming in the mail this week, so yesterday, I took some things from my apartment to use to cook today’s recipe.
Other than that, I’m still waiting for the dining table and the couch to arrive. It’ll be somewhat tight, but so worth it – I can’t wait to throw my first dinner party!
I need some floor lamps, wall decor, a welcome console table, and a blogger mirror. So, send your cute recommendations my way!
Today’s recipe was inspired by the crisp weather — and a new candle I bought for the office. I bundled up with my sweater, lit my “Autumn Harvest” candle and started craving everything fall – roasted butternut squash, the curliest of kales, and apple-picking.
Hence: today’s Autumn Salad! The spiralized apples are beautiful in this salad, add a nice sweetness that complements the honey in the dressing, and the goat cheese gives it the finishing touch with some velvety love.
Oh, and may I say — look at that Vitamin A and C count! Make this salad and you may just fight of that winter cold!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize an apple using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 13 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Autumn Kale and Quinoa Salad with Spiralized Apples
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups cubed butternut squash
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups water + more as needed
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 apples I like honey crisp!
- 1/4 cup pecans to garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the butternut squash. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- While butternut squash cooks, cook the quinoa. Place the quinoa and water in a saucepot, bring to a boil, and then reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through, adding water if needed.
- A few minutes before the squash is ready, prepare the dressing: place all ingredients into the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add in the kale, massage into the kale with fingertips for 15 seconds and then set aside.
- Spiralize the apple with Blade C and add to the large bowl (with the dressed kale) along with the cooked butternut squash and quinoa. Toss well to combine and divide into plates. Top with goat cheese and pecans.