A dairy free egg salad, using avocado instead of mayonnaise, that’s flavorful and packed with healthy fats, served over a bed of spiralized cucumbers for a refreshing crunch. The perfect picnic lunch!
First off, thanks to each and everyone of you for all of your kind words and messages of support and encouragement yesterday on my 5 years in business post. I’m so grateful for all of you, and I’m pumped for our next 5 years together!
I still remember that excitement waking up the next day after a full day “in business.” I felt like anything could happen! And you know what? I still feel like that. It’s a great feeling to wake up every day and be excited to work!
So let’s get back to what I started Inspiralized for: to share healthy recipe ideas for your spiralizer!
I’ve always hated mayonnaise (okay, hate is a strong word – but I strongly dislike it), and I’ve always looked for alternatives: dairy and non-dairy. Avocado is one of my favorite healthy swaps for mayo and today, I’m using it in a dairy-free egg salad, atop a bed of spiralized cucumbers!
Cucumber noodles (er, “coodles”) are the new lettuce. Instead of serving a mayo-based salad (egg, tuna, chicken, etc) over salad greens, use spiralized cucumbers instead. The cucumber noodles are refreshing, hydrating and of course, so much more enjoyable to eat than boring old greens.
This recipe works with chicken or tuna as well, just swap in your desired protein! And the gorgeous red radishes are a fancy garnish that add extra crunch, nutrients and flavor!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Avocado Egg Salad with Spiralized Cucumbers
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 tablespoons diced red onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 English cucumbers Blade A, noodles trimmed
- to garnish: red radishes sliced into matchsticks
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, eggs, mustard, celery, and onion. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the cucumber noodles into bowls and top with egg salad. Garnish with radishes and extra pepper.