I only work with brands that I love myself. These are brands that make my life easier, happier, or healthier. You’ll never see me promoting something I don’t believe in or use regularly.
On Friday, I was going to make a buffalo chicken wrap with spiralized carrots and I couldn’t find any large enough carrots to spiralize. I was bummed, because I was excited for this easy and healthy recipe.
Then I remembered: I had Green Giant Carrot Veggie Spirals in the freezer! Wahoo, the day was saved!
I’m so happy when things like this happen: me using a product organically in my own home and sharing that idea with you! So, here we are: a Buffalo Chicken and Spiralized Carrot Wrap with Swiss Chard, using frozen Carrot Veggie Spirals from Green Giant, because I couldn’t find the proper carrots for spiralizing!
Summer’s coming, and I couldn’t be more excited to picnic with the baby! Pack a lunch or snacks (maybe some rosé for Mommy and Daddy) and hit the local parks! Wraps like these will come in handy – and they can be made for the baby, too (I’d use full fat Greek yogurt for Luca and skip the salt and serve this deconstructed – no chard.)
I use Green Giant’s Carrot Veggie Spirals more regularly, because finding the right sized carrots can be really tough – and when you’re in a pinch, they’re a great option! The noodle is thick and the spirals are consistently shaped. You can cook them three ways (all labeled on the package), and I’ve tried all three ways and I prefer boiling them!
They have other varieties too (Zucchini, Butternut Squash, and Beet) – and no, I’m not “cheating” on my Inspiralizer – sometimes convenience is necessary and welcomed!
You can add other veggies here too – like some spiralized bell peppers or cucumbers for more crunch – or add some avocado for more healthy fats! If you’re vegetarian, use some crumbled baked tofu.
I hope this wrap makes your picnic basket soon!
Note: Although this post is sponsored by Green Giant, all opinions are my own, always!
Watch this recipe video and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Buffalo Chicken and Spiralized Carrot Wraps with Swiss Chard
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 5-6 tablespoons hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 packages GreenGiant Carrot Spirals
- 6 large Swiss chard leaves
- Place the chicken in a medium pot and cover with water and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high-heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let cook for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- While chicken cooks, cook the GreenGiant Carrot Spirals per your preference (directions are on the packaging via boiling, sauteeing or microwave.) Once done, drain them completely and pat dry and set aside.
- While chicken and carrot noodles are cooking, place the Greek yogurt, hot sauce, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in the bottom of a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the shredded chicken, cooked GreenGiant Carrot Spirals, and toss well to combine.
- Place ¼ cup of the buffalo chicken salad on half of 1 chard leaf and roll tightly, like a burrito. Repeat with remaining chicken salad and leaves. Cut in half and serve.