I’m always asked, “Where do you find your inspiration for all these recipes?”
My answer is everywhere. I might go to a restaurant and become inspired by a dish, I may visit a new state or country and have flavors I want to bring back home and recreate, or I may be inspired by something a friend or family makes.
Today, my inspiration came from Carly, our Social Media & Brand Manager!
Over the weekend, Carly made some potato noodle waffles topped with avocado for brunch and I saw them on Instagram stories, and I knew I had to try them!
I’ve done a similar meal (Potato Noodle ‘Breakfast Pie’ with Avocado and Fried Egg) but waffling your potato noodles brings it to a whole new level!
If you’ve never tried waffling your spiralized potatoes before, it’s a total game changer – they’re much more fun to eat this way and fun to present (invite your friends over for spiralized waffles!)
This dish reminds me of an avocado toast situation – the waffle is like the “toast”, topped with avocado and a fried egg! If sriracha or hot sauce is your thing, a few dashes on top would be great for heat!
Thanks to Carly for inspiring this recipe today – and check out these sweet potato waffles for more spiralized waffle fun!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Spiralized Potato Chive Waffles with Avocado Mash and Fried Egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the potato noodles and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until noodles are wilted and cooked through, uncovering to toss every couple of minutes.
- While potato noodles cook, mash the avocado in a medium bowl and add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add to a medium bowl with the egg and chives and toss to combine. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pack in the potato noodles. Cook to the waffle iron’s settings and then remove carefully using a fork and tongs.
- While the waffles cook, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. If you want to fry your eggs in oil, add in a drizzle of olive oil. If not, just crack two eggs into the skillet and cook until egg whites set, about 5 minutes.
- Divide waffles onto two plates. Top each with avocado mash and fried egg.