You will be shocked by how deliciously hearty and flavorful these buffalo tofu wraps are, thanks to the air fryer, which gives the tofu a nice thickened texture that makes this wrap next level.
Buffalo Tofu Wrap
I love buffalo wraps, and I’ve never felt fully satisfied by the vegetarian versions. I’ve tried a few variations, some with chickpeas, some just with tons of veggies, but they’ve never been hearty enough and given me that “buffalo wrap” vibe.
Until now. This Buffalo Tofu Wrap has it all – crunch from the carrots and lettuce, creaminess from the avocado and Ranch dressing, and a protein-packed filling from the tofu. And the tofu is slightly crunchy, thanks to a light dusting with arrowroot powder right before the air fryer.
If you don’t have an air fryer and still want to make this, you can simply pan fry or bake the tofu in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
You can certainly make your own Ranch dressing, but there are so many clean eating friendly ones out there – like Tessemae’s, my favorite!
This wrap tastes best fresh out of the air fryer, so enjoy! You can also put it in a sandwich, like a multigrain bread! Make it yours, as always.
Buffalo Tofu Wrap
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 14 ounce block of tofu well drained
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce I love Frank’s!
- 1-2 tablespoons melted coconut oil if you don’t like it too spicy, use 2 tablespoons
- 4 sandwich wraps
- 4 oz romaine lettuce
- 2 avocadoes peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 4 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Dust a baking sheet with half of the arrowroot powder and set aside.
- Slice the block of tofu into ¼” thick slabs crosswise, yielding about 12 pieces. Place the tofu on a baking sheet dusted with half of the arrowroot powder. Sprinkle the tofu with the remaining arrowroot powder. in a bowl and toss with arrowroot to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and firm.
- While tofu cooks, make the buffalo sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and hot sauce. Once tofu is cooked, place it in the bowl with the hot sauce and toss to coat.
- Build the sandwiches. Place each wrap down on a flat surface and evenly divide the lettuce. Then, evenly divide the avocado and celery. Then, top with tofu and drizzle any remaining sauce from the bowl on top of the tofu. Top with carrots and drizzle with Ranch sauce. Roll like a burrito, slice, and use toothpicks to keep intact. Serve.