Remember that time I teased on Instagram after filming with Katie Couric and her husband for an episode of Sur La Table‘s web series, Full Plate?
Well, now the episode is live!
Watch me teach Katie Couric (I know, crazy, right?!) how to spiralize with the Inspiralizer and make a delicious cold-blasting soup, perfect for those spring sniffles!
Katie Couric couldn’t have been more gracious and kind – and her husband too! They were both such great hosts, and made me feel so welcome and comfortable on set. We were joined by the always amazing Joel Gamoran, a food personality and former Head Chef at Sur La Table.
Their web series, Full Plate, shows viewers in a couple to a few minutes how to whip up healthy, delicious meals that aren’t complicated – just fresh and flavorful. Of course, when they asked me to film an episode, showing how to incorporate spiralized veggies into an easy meal, I jumped!
We made my Chicken Noodle Soup with Carrot Noodles, but made a few adjustments like using more fresh herbs, and adding leeks, for a pinch of spring. As you’ll see in the video, Katie says, “You don’t even miss the noodles!”
And of course, you can get the Inspiralizer in-stores (or online) nationwide at Sur La Table. To find your local Sur La Table, click here. Or, purchase the Inspiralizer online, here.
Watch the video
Watch our video to learn how make this recipe using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 5 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Chicken and Leek Soup with Carrot Noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 2 leeks white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary 2 sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 large carrots peeled, spiralized with Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Whole grain baguette for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, leeks, garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the chicken and carrot noodles. Simmer for 3-5 minutes for al dente noodles, 7-9 minutes for tender. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve, garnished with parsley. Serve alongside crusty bread, if desired.