I’m really working on making more diverse recipes in terms of type of cuisine (ie by region.) It doesn’t come easily to me, since Italian-American cooking is my comfort blanket.
When Pacific Foods sent me three of their Soup Starters, my eyes lit up when I saw “Chicken Pho.” What an easy way to make a spiralized Vietnamese dish!
Pho = ‘fuh‘ phonetically, by the way.
Pacific Foods creates their Soup Starters to save people time and money by offering the broth for a tasty soup, already infused with the necessary flavors. Saving time and planning, especially during the holidays, is a win!
Directly from their site:
Have ingredients here and there but don’t know what to make? Let the inspiration flow with Pacific soup starters. Our bold soup bases capture all the depth and complexity of your favorite Vietnamese, Thai and Mexican classics. Just add a pinch of this and a little bit of that.
They were right. This soup took NO time at all to make and the best part? This Chicken Pho base is gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free, wheat-free, yeast-free…. and organic!
The ingredients? Organic Chicken Broth (Water, Organic Chicken, Organic Spices, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Onion Powder), Organic Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Spice Extracts, Organic Lime Oil and Organic Rosemary Extract.
Making this soup was sinfully easy. I brought the soup base to a boil, added in some scallions, cilantro, pepper, chicken, and zucchini noodles. I let the noodles soften (took about 2 minutes) and then I slurped it up!
This soup is light, refreshing and filling. I combatted the limey-ness of the Soup Starter base with some water to create the perfect pho flavoring. It’s low-cal, low-carb and low-fat.
I can’t wait to experiment with their other Soup Starters!
Do you have any other time saving tricks when cooking?
Chicken Pho Zucchini Noodle Soup
- 1 chicken breast
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Chicken Pho Soup Starter from Pacific Foods
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cayenne red chilli, or jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis Blade C
- 1 1/2 slice of red onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking tray, place in your chicken breast. Season with ground coriander, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink. Pull into strips and set aside.
- 10 minutes into baking the chicken, place a large saucepan over high heat and bring the Soup Starter broth and water to a boil. Once boiled, lower to a simmer, add in the pepper, cilantro, scallions, zucchini noodles and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until noodles soften. Stir in the chicken, pour into bowls and garnish each with red onion slices. Enjoy!