This Creamy Tomato and Chicken Sauce was used in this recipe: Butternut Squash Noodles with Creamy Tomato and Chicken Sauce
Creamy Tomato and Chicken Sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 24 oz jar Tomato Basil sauce I use Victoria Fine Foods Tomato Basil or Tomato Herb
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- ¼ cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 2.5 - 3 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Place a medium pot or wide skillet over medium-high heat and add the marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- While sauce heats up, place the cashews and chicken broth in a high-speed blender and pulse until creamy. Add ¼ cup heaping cup of the cashew cream to the marinara sauce and stir well to combine. Reserve anything extra for future recipes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir well to combine, cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken heats up. Taste the sauce and if it needs more salt or pepper, add as needed.