A simple but powerful combination of crispy chickpeas and Brussels sprouts.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas
Sometimes it’s the simplest of ideas that make for the best of meals! I’ve been obsessed with this combo of chickpeas and Brussels sprouts for years and I’ve actually shared this recipe on Instagram before, but I’m making it officially by sharing on the blog.
The key here to get this legume-veggie combo crispy as possible is to not overcrowd them on the sheet pan and then to generously drizzle with olive oil! And cranking up the heat per the recipe.
How can you enjoy this combo? The options are endless but here are a few of my favorite ways:
- In a grain bowl with some goat cheese or feta,
- On a kale salad with some craisins,
- Folded into a quesadilla,
- In a bowl topped with a fried egg or scrambled eggs – bonus points for everything bagel seasoning, or
Simply as a snack!
However you choose to enjoy these Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Chickpeas, I hope it becomes a favorite recipe of yours this season!
crispy brussels sprouts and chickpeas
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, sliced in thirds or quarters (cut into quarters if they're big brussels sprouts — you want them thin enough to crisp up in the oven!)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees. place the brussels sprouts and chickpeas on a parchment paper lined baking tray, drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. roast for 25 minutes or until sprouts are crispy, tossing halfway through.