Apple nachos are apple slices topped with sweet fixings, frozen, and served nacho-style! These spiralized apple slices are topped with melted vegan chocolate, nut butter, crushed walnuts, and shredded coconut for maximum flavor and texture in every bite.
Crunchy Apple Nachos
Fall is around the corner (my personal favorite time of year, not only for the crisp and cozy weather, but the produce!) and that means bring on the apples! If you receive a bunch of apples in your CSA box, or go apple picking, you’re probably wondering, “What else can I do with these apples?”
If you like chocolate covered fruit or ‘fruit and nut’ style chocolate bars, you’ll love these Crunchy Apple Nachos, made with spiralized apples. Instead of using a mandolin, you can use your Inspiralizer to slice the apples into chip slices. Then, we layer the apple slices and top with the fixings!
You can customize the nachos to your flavor preference, but I recommend keeping the chocolate, it adds a nice sweetness and, well, who doesn’t love chocolate?!
Other topping suggestions include caramel (hello caramel covered apples!), crushed almonds or pecans instead of walnuts, sunflower butter, and finely chopped pretzels for an extra salty kick.
Enjoy those soon-to-arrive apples in abundance and make these Crunchy Apple Nachos for dessert or a sweet afternoon snack!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
- 2 apples
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips I like Enjoy Life brand
- creamy peanut or almond butter to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pulse lightly in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Slice the apples halfway through, careful not to pierce through the center. Spiralize on Blade A. Line a large round dinner plate with parchment paper. Lay out the apple slices, layering as you go.
- Place a small pot over medium heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stirring constantly, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the apple slices. Drizzle the nut butter over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the crushed nuts on top and dust with coconut. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer and serve.