I’ve been really into curried flavors lately. Curried soups, curried salads, and curried vegetables.
In particular, curried cauliflower, because I love the texture and flavor combo. The curry powder gets into all the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower floret, the flavor intensifies as the veggie bakes.
Pretty excited about veggies on a Monday!
I’ve been making these big veggie bowls for dinner and the occasional lunch (when I have the extra time) and I’ve been loving them, particularly with lentils – it’s just a perfect match.
Since many people asked about my “curried cauliflower” I figured I’d build it into a spiralized recipe here on the blog and share my secret. The secret? Curry powder. Simple as that!
The lentils provide a healthy, lean protein and the carrot noodles and cauliflower make this dish a robust lunch or an ample side dish to dinner. The honey-cumin dressing complements the curried cauliflower, but a nice tahini drizzle would work nicely here too. And heck, a fried egg would do, if you’re pinched for time!
Happy Monday! This week is jam-packed with work again. I felt like last week would never end, but this week is going to be exactly the same. Crazy weather, crazy work schedule.
Also, Lu and I just got into Big Little Lies on HBO. Is anyone else watching it? It’s great to have a Sunday show. And then, of course, Lu’s looking most forward to tonight’s 3-hour The Bachelor special.
When I first met Lu, I remember a female friend of his texted him and was like, “How excited are you for the Bachelor tonight?” At first, I was like, “Excuse me? Who’s this girl?” and then I thought, “Wait, you watch The Bachelor?!”
Then I quickly learned he’s watched every single season and is very invested in the show. Let’s just say that his brother, in his best man speech, almost brought with him a single red rose to hand off to me during the speech and make a joke about “the final rose.” I can’t.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Curried Cauliflower and Lentil Salad with Carrot Noodles and Honey-Cumin Dressing
- florets from 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- ½ cup dry lentils rinsed and patted dry
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 cups water
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out the cauliflower, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Toss together with your hands until the florets are seasoned. Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender. After 10 minutes into roasting, add the carrot noodles and toss together with the cauliflower. Roast for the remaining time (about 15-20 minutes) until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils. Add lentils, bay leaf and water to a medium pot and cover. Bring to a boil and then uncover, reduce heat to a low simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender, adding more water if needed.
- While lentils cook, prepare the dressing. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- When all ingredients are done cooking, plate the lentils on a serving dish and top with cauliflower and carrots. Pour over the dressing and garnish with cilantro.