Gluten-Free Broccoli Breadsticks
Yes, these broccoli breadsticks aren’t completely homemade, from scratch. But that doesn’t make them any less delicious or nutritious – and, they’re easy!
By using a pizza dough box mix from Simple Mills, the breadstick making process is easier and I love Simple Mills – all of their products use real ingredients you can pronounce and every product I’ve ever tried of theirs, I’ve loved.
Breadsticks are fun to make as a party appetizer (you can cut them into mini breadstick shapes or thicker ones), but they work well as a meal, too – I like to serve them to my kids with some chicken sausage, marinara for dipping, and a cheesestick or another veggie, like steamed string beans.
The seasonings I’ve added to the mix make these taste like fluffy, oven-baked thick slices of pizza dough crust, basically – but they’re cut in fun, breadstick-like shapes. As an adult, I love them with some grilled sausage and a side Caesar salad – seriously, it’s a nostalgic, filling, and nutrient-packed meal!
No matter how you serve up these breadsticks (in a lunchbox or an a platter at a party), you’re going to love them – especially how easy they are!
- 1.5 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough mix
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- to serve: marinara sauce
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- fill a medium pot with about 1” of water and add in the broccoli florets. cook until steamed and fork tender. drain and pat dry. finely chop up the broccoli.
- while the broccoli cooks, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and water. add the broccoli once chopped, stir, and then add the bread mix and stir to combine. let sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and use your hand and fingers to flatten into a rectangle, wetting your fingers with a little bit of water first. Season the top with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. using a pizza cutter, cut into breadsticks.
- bake for 10 minutes. after 10 minutes, check to see if the breadsticks stuck together. If so, use the pizza cutter to cut them again.
- bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown. season with extra salt and serve with marinara sauce for dipping!