IT’S HAPPENING. This time next week, I’ll be in-flight to Riviera Maya, ready to spend 10 days laying on the beach with my…. husband!
Make sure you’re following me on Instagram this week, because I’m going to be cooking up a storm, in preparation for being gone for my wedding and honeymoon. Oh, and I’ll be at the gym every day, so if you need extra motivation, follow my @GetInspiralized handle.
I can’t wait to show you all pictures from our special day – my dress, how handsome Lu looks and all the special details of the day that we’ve worked so hard on!
One of the things I’m most looking forward to about being married is NOT having to worry about the wedding. I feel like a lot of our evenings are spent on wedding “crafts” and talking about details. It will be nice to just sit down at our kitchen island for once and eat dinner together, not while we’re gluing something or tying ribbons.
I’m looking forward to experimenting more in the kitchen and getting back in my creative groove with spiralizing. All my creative juices have been flowing solely for this wedding, so I can’t wait to be a wife and make our first dinner together AS husband and wife. !!!!!!!
So this recipe. What makes this recipe great is the texture – you have the hearty Earthbound Farm Kale Italia greens, the soft goat cheese, the crunchy walnuts and beets and the velvety firm cherries. Honestly, every bite is heaven and the meal is filling, satisfying and frankly, gorgeous (not to toot my own horn or anything.)
I used Earthbound Farm’s greens in this recipe. I love their organic greens especially because they’re “ready to eat” (they’re washed so that you don’t have to wash them!) I’m pretty bad with washing my produce, so I consider this a bonus!
If you’d like to add more protein to this meal, chunks of rotisserie chicken would work nicely – or even tossing in some red quinoa or heck, flank steak! This salad is robust with flavor, protein and healthy fats (hello, walnuts!)
Plus, who doesn’t love goat cheese with beets?
To locate the Earthbound Farm Kale Italia greens, click here.
This conversation is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 11 points
Goat Cheese, Beet Noodle and Cherry Salad
- For the salad:
- 2 medium beets peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 box Kale Italia greens
- 1/2 pound pitted and halved cherries bing or dark Hudson are best
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust to your preference, if needed.
- Place the beet noodles, Kale Italia greens and cherries into a large mixing bowl and pour over the dressing and toss altogether to combine.
- Plate the salad into bowls, top with goat cheese, walnuts and serve.