How to Make Rice From Vegetables (Inspiralized Rice!)

How to Make Spiralized Rice by Inspiralized One of the most exciting parts of being a food blogger, for me at least, is seeing readers recreate my dishes. Some make the recipes exactly as I write them and some readers alter them to either fit their preferences. Sometimes, I even look at a recreated recipe and think, “Oh – I bet that tastes better!”

My favorite recipe to see “recreated” is my Inspiralized Rice. I’ve posted a few recipes using the rice. First, it was the risotto with asparagus and peas. Since then, I’ve done stuffed peppers, teriyaki chicken and broccoli, spanish rice with ham and a few others. 


For the record, I look at 90% of pictures tagged @Inspiralized, #Inspiralized or #GetInspiralized on Instagram. The other 10% is from not being able to see a picture if the user is private (which many of you are!) I’ll see an alert pop up and I’ll get all giddy to see it and then my Instagram will prompt me “Cannot load,” because they are private.

Check out all of these beautiful Inspiralized rice dishes, tagged on Instagram:








I’m always humbled that so many people (at least as I can see on Instagram) have attempted my recipes. Thank you for all of your support, enthusiasm and kindness!  For those of you who haven’t tried the rice just yet, here’s a video on how to do it!

Also, there’s more information in my eBook, now available as a PDF.

If you prefer Vimeo:

If you prefer YouTube:

New to spiralizing? Grab your FREE eBook with our 20 Most Popular Blog Recipes!

Have a spiralizer and not sure where to start?How about making our fool-proof, most popularly made recipes from the blog? In this printable PDF eCookbook you’ll find photos and full recipes of our readers’ favorites to get you started!

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Leave a Comment

Want to share a photo of what you’ve made? Be sure to click the 'Choose file' button below to add your photos!

The maximum upload file size: 300 MB. You can upload: image.


HI Ali, I had never heard of a spiralizer until my daughter told me about your blog. So I am now a follower. Cheers to you! Charlotte
Welcome! Glad to have you part of the community :)
Jennifer L. says:
Hi, I tried spiraling butternut squash last night to make the rice, but it didn't work so well. I cut the squash into smaller, manageable pieces, but they just collapsed on the spiralizer. Also, I wasn't sure how to handle the part with the hole where the seeds had been. Do you have some helpful tips or perhaps a video on spiraling a butternut squash? Thanks!
Of course - go to for a video on how to spiralize a butternut squash!

Latest on Inspiralized

Subscribe to Inspiralized

Subscribe to one or all of our newsletters for amazing
recipes, inspirational content + our free starter guide

if you’re planning meals for the week today, put this Teriyaki Salmon with Butternut Squash Rice & Broccoli on your list! 🥦⁣

it’s a 30 minute meal and one of those filling, umami meals that you’ll want to add to the weekly rotation! it works with chicken and tofu, too! 🙌🏼⁣

search the blog for the recipe - and save this video to watch before you make it! 📌 ⁣

#teriyaki #teriyakisalmon #spiralizer #healthydinnerideas #healthydinners #mealplans #30minutemeals #30minutemeal #salmondinner #salmonrecipe

remember a couple weeks ago when I sat in front of this same mirror, tucked my long hair into a sweater and debated whether to chop it all off or not? 💇🏻‍♀️ I think we all know what that decision was 🤪⁣

this is still by far the coziest sweater I own and they sell it in a yellow that's perfect for spring and I'm debating whether or not to get it 😬 I've been in a funk all week and can't seem to shake it. retail therapy moment?!⁣

jokes aside, I need a vacation. more specifically, I need 🍹 on a 🏝... anyone else?  ⁣

actually, I put the @oculus goggles on the other night to go to a virtual beach, and I almost started crying... the sounds of the seagulls, the little turtle crawling on the sand, the bright sun, the sounds of the waves crashing, the white stand, the wind and the palm trees.... I had no idea how therapeutic the ocean and the beach are for me!⁣

I've thought a lot about where our first "trip" will be once it's safe to travel again, and I've decided on a beach resort. will you do something adventurous or something lazy and beachy? #liketkit

making a batch of this VEGAN PUMPKIN SNACKING LOAF today 🍞! I love to have a few mini loafs in the freezer to easily defrost for breakfasts or snacks for the kids, but also for myself - slathered with nut butter and a little sprinkle of hemp seeds 🥜 or some honey, butter and cinnamon for the kids 🍯🧈  ⁣

grab the recipe on the blog! happy monday! 🙌🏼⁣

#Vegan #veganfood #veganfoodshare #whatveganseat #bestofvegan #vegetarian #glutenfree #veg #vegetarianfood #plantbased