This Lemon-Basil Cashew Cream Sauce was used in this recipe: Parsnip Noodles with Lemon-Basil Cashew Cream Sauce and Garlic Shrimp
Lemon-Basil Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours in water
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large basil leaf
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Once heated, add in the garlic and shallot and cook for 2 minutes or until shallots soften.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor or high-speed small blender, along with the pre-soaked cashews, chicken broth, salt and pepper, basil and lemon zest and juice.
- Pulse until creamy