During this maternity leave, I’ve shared a lot of products that I’ve been loving with baby girl Roma on IG stories. I haven’t had much time to respond to DMs, so I figured I would round up all of my favorites and put them in a blog post! So, here are the things that made the first week or so easier with Roma and my postpartum recovery.
Favorites with Baby Roma: The First Two Weeks
- H&M Lightweight Maternity Joggers – I’m basically living in these right now. They have a waistband that’s meant to be worn under the pregnant belly, so they feel great over the postpartum pooch! They’re flattering but most importantly, super comfortable and breathable.
- Bravado Nursing Tanks – I’m loving these nursing tanks – they’re easy to nurse in, have a little flattering ruching at the top, and they’re great for layering. I’ve been wearing them in this heat wave, and I feel supported enough when I walk, which says a lot, because I have a big bust!
- Kindred Bravely Nursing Bras – while I like Bravado nursing bras, I like the Kindred Bravely ones more. The quality of fabric is much better and the sizing is more accurate and expansive. I love the brand, too!
- Partumcare Undies – what a lifesaver! I ran out of the mesh undies that the hospital gives you and then I realized I had a pair of these that they sent for me to try, and I wish I had tried them sooner! They’re TEN times more comfortable than the mesh undies, washable, breathable, and feel so nice on your skin. I got the high rise ones!
- Haakka Pump – Roma often only nurses on one boob, and in the beginning, it was leaving me seriously engorged. Luckily, my milk supply has regulated a bit more, but she still only nurses on one side sometimes, so when I think that’s going to happen (like, when I’m really full on one boob and she gets enough on that boob), I’ll use the Haakka. It’s basically a suction pump, so you just suction it to your boob and it catches your letdown. within 4 minutes, I get 1.5-2oz! It’s a great way to save up a supply with minimal effort. And for me, since I have an oversupply and a forceful letdown, it helps with her gassiness, because she doesn’t gag on the milk after using the Haakka.
- Gel Soothies – the first week, I wasn’t focusing on latch, and I got some chapped nipples. A combination of gel soothies and nipple butter (see below) was the key to not feeling pain between feedings. The gel soothies have a cooling effect and stick easily to your nipples, they’re the best!
- Honest Nipple Butter – my favorite nipple butter, it’s so smooth and feels wonderful.
- Ingrid & Isabel maternity shorts – with a flowy top, these shorts are my new postpartum go-to, because they’re wider in the legs and have an elastic waistband that can grow (and shrink) with your postpartum belly!
- HALO Swaddles – these are the swaddles we use at night, and I love them, because they’re easy and quick to use AND they have a muslin and cotton version, so during the night, I use cotton and when we’re out in the heat, I use the muslin and more loosely swaddle Roma, so she can breath in the heat!
- Copper Pearl Swaddles – while I exclusively use the Halo velcro swaddles at night (because they’re easier, quicker, and safer), I use the Copper Pear swaddles during the day, because they’re long, elastic, and keep the baby bundled. They’re my go-to swaddle!
- Turbans for Tots – a really cute baby headband and turban brand on Etsy that has the cutest bows and turbans!
- Baby Bling – most people know about this brand, but because I had a boy first, I didn’t! I love all of their headbands and bought a few for Roma.
- Bugaboo Donkey2 Duo Stroller – I’ve mentioned this before, but this is our go-to stroller on the weekends with two kids and for me, during the day, as a solo stroller for Roma. It’s so lightweight, the suspension is incredible (you feel no bumps!), and it switches easily between a solo stroller and a double, so we’ve been loving it!
- HATCH Baby White Noise Machine – this functions as a white noise machine and a night light. I use it every single day, it has so many settings (from lullabies to TV static to birds chirping) and different night light colors for toddlerhood. You can work it via a mobile app or by tapping the settings on the actual machine. I’m thinking of getting one for Luca!
- Solly Baby Wrap – after 2 weeks hit, Roma started not settling down as easily, unless she was held. As a mom of two, it’s imperative I have both of my hands, so Roma has been living in the Solly Baby wrap in the morning. People ask me, “Is it easy to wrap?” and my answer is… yes, just watch their YouTube or IG stories videos, practice a few times, and then it’ll be like second nature every time you wrap the baby. It’s also easy to shove into your diaper bag, it folds back up into a little pouch.
- Guava Lotus Bassinet – Roma sleeps soundly in this bassinet, on her back! We are so happy we found a good bassinet solution. I love it, because it’s an add-on to our pack and play, so it’s portable, and since we already had the pack and play, it didn’t break the bank. It’s beautifully made, breathable, and is bed-level for us, so when she squirms in the night, I can look over, put my hand on her tummy to soothe her, and we both fall back asleep.
- H&M Sun Hats – these are just too cute, and when I take her out in the baby wrap, I like to cover her little head in these hats.
- FridaBaby Mom Washer – I couldn’t live without this! I had a little bit of tearing (as I did with Luca) and this is infinitely better than the perinatal bottles the hospitals give you – it’s worth every penny. I’ve been using it every single time I pee and it offers pain relief, soothing comfort, and is just easy to use.
- Live Clean Baby Non-Petroleum Jelly – this is a non-petroleum substitute for Vaseline, and I’ve found that when I don’t use it, Roma gets a little irritation around her diaper area. I feel better knowing it’s petroleum free!
- OXO Tot Wipes Dispenser – since Roma was born in the summer, I didn’t feel the need to get a wipes warmer this time, and I had this wipes dispenser from when Luca was born (but quickly replaced it with the warmer version because it was cold). I love this one!
- Stroller Fan – another product I can’t live without (when we leave the house) are these little rechargeable fans that easily attach (clip on) to the stroller, so we can circulate air in the bassinet and cool Roma down. It works well – we just recharge it after a couple of days!
- Moses Basket – probably my #1 favorite baby product right now. I’ll be honestly, I originally bought this because I thought it just looked really cute in all of the photos I saw on Instagram. Then, once I had the baby, I realized it’s AMAZING and an essential item for me! I put the Dock-a-Tot in the basket and put Roma in there for daytime naps next to me on the couch and she sleeps so cuddled and soundly! Sometimes, I just use the basket without the Dock-a-Tot and she sleeps well, also, but the Dock-a-Tot gives her more snuggly comfort. What I love about this basket is that it’s portable, so when she’s sleeping and I want to go to a different room, I just bring her there using the basket handles, which I couldn’t do with just the Dock-a-Tot (it squishes when you try to move it). The brand I use is Plum & Sparrow (not sponsored, FYI!)
And that’s it! Those are the products I’m really loving right now with baby girl Roma!