Lu and I have decided to take a long weekend trip to Miami as our “babymoon,” our final trip just the two of us before baby girl arrives. With Luca, we went all out and did a big 10-day babymoon to Hawaii (recap here) and later on a mini weekend trip to Bermuda, too. Ahhhh, the childless life back then!
I take all of my relationships in life seriously – my friendships, my marriage, my sisterhood, and being a daughter. For my marriage, it’s so important for us to have alone time without Luca. It allows us to reconnect, speak to each other about things other than the baby, and have an adventure together, without our child. It’s always rejuvenating and strengthens us not only as a married couple but as parents.
Luckily, we’re very blessed to have such a supportive family that always wants to be around Luca – and Luca can’t get enough of our family! He cries when my parents leave every time, and when my younger sister is over, it’s nonstop playing and laughing. All I have to say is, thank God for family!
So while Lu and I are in Miami pool and beachside, Luca will be with Poppy and Grammy, getting spoiled and having a blast! Knowing he’s in good hands will help us relax on our trip, as well.
We picked Miami, because, well, it’s close, we love the sunshine, and pretty much just want to get dressed up and eat great food, relax by the pool and at the spa, take night walks on the beach, and soak in the culture. We can’t wait! Of course, I bought some cute new outfits to bring on the trip – here’s what I’m packing!
What I’m Packing for our Miami Babymoon
- Maxi cover dress: I usually just throw on shorts and a ratty t-shirt when I head off to the pool, but since Miami is a place to be a bit more chic, I got this adorable maxi cover dress – and it flatters the bump!
- White bikini: can’t head to Miami without a white bikini! I love this one for big busts, and I can just adjust the sides of the bottoms to accommodate my growing hips.
- Flattering striped one piece: I have this in navy, and I got it in stripes also, it’s just so flattering with the side ruching, and it’s comfortable and fits my boobs.
- White apron dress: more white! For a little casual lunch date outfit we have planned.
- Espadrilles: these are so comfy and cute, my mother bought them for me for my birthday last week, and I can’t wait to sport them.
- Straw hat: what better way to feel trendy in Miami than with a straw hat? This one fits so well!
- Clear heels: I’m not sure when I’ll wear these and it may be an overpacking situation, but if I’m feeling saucy, I’m going to whip these out!
- Date night bag: I have a straw clutch, but this was just too cute not to get!
- H&M dress: I love that this can be dressed up or down, because of the print. It’s just so comfortable and flattering, I’m thinking a dinner date outfit.
- TOMS wedges: I needed a new pair of wedges anyway, so I bought these cute blush ones and they are SO comfy, despite being so tall!
- Statement earrings: I bought a few fun pairs of colorful, vibrant earrings, because when in Miami…. ha, there was also a great sale on Madewell and couldn’t resist!
- Ruched tank dress: I have this from my pregnancy with Luca and it’s still in great condition. I’m bringing it in case I’m feeling bloated – the side ruching is so flattering and it sucks everything in!
- Off the shoulder maxi: to go from the pool to lunch or for a casual night time walk on the beach.
- Striped jumper: this just screamed Miami, I couldn’t resist!
- Eyeshadow palette: I rarely ever wear more than brow gel, blush, and under eye circle concealer, but when I go on vacation, I love this palette – it’s the perfect colors for my skin tone.
- Flip flops: these are my flip flops!
- Sunnies: I recently got a lot of questions on my sunglasses, so I wanted to link to them here, I’ll definitely be packing them!
- Straw beach bag: no beach vacation is complete without a tote, right?
Anything I’m missing? Definitely overpacking, but that’s the beauty of trips like these – packing and getting excited is half the fun! Tune into @inspiralizedali Instagram for all the babymoon updates.