I cannot BELIEVE that one week from today is Labor Day weekend. This summer absolutely flew by….. It seems like just yesterday I was in Greece, but it’s been almost a month since my trip. Let’s hold on for as long as we can and pack this week full of summery recipes.
To start? This light, basil-lemony zucchini pasta dish that screams Mediterranean. The simplicity of the seasonings (oregano, basil, lemon, garlic) really lets the taste of the squash come through. I could eat this all day long, cliffside in Santorini.
Although I’m nowhere near the Mediterranean coastline right now, my tastebuds sure do feel like they are….
Basil-Lemon Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta
- 1.5 zucchinis Blade C
- 1/4 wedge of lemon
- 5 basil leaves chopped
- 3 sundried tomatoes chopped into slivers
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 pitless kalamata olives halved
- 3 artichoke hearts from a can drained & patted dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Season artichokes with salt and pepper. Heat up a grill pan or George Forman grill and cook the ‘chokes for about 5 minutes or until they are slightly browned.
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add in the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the zucchini noodles, chickpeas, artichokes, oregano flakes, sundried tomatoes, capers, kalamata olives, and basil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until zucchini softens and heats through.
- Pour into a bowl and squeeze lemon over the bowl. Enjoy!