In an effort to make more meal prep friendly meals, we have an easy bowl meal that can literally be made in 5 minutes, as long as everything is prepped ahead of time!
And, if you saw my post on Instagram, I recently rekindled with hummus, so that’s great news!
I love springing for the “Mediterranean bowls” at veggie-forward restaurants. I love anything made with tahini, I love feta, and I love a good grain bowl.
The arugula in tahini dressing give this bowl meal a salad-like base and gives the bowl the “dressing” it needs. When I ate this, I’d make a forkful of everything and dip it in the hummus in the middle. It was fun to eat!
This dish is totally customizable – don’t like quinoa? Try using brown rice instead or cauliflower rice! Don’t do dairy? Omit the feta – it’s not necessary! Want more protein? Chicken or salmon would work best! Make it yours, as always.
And normally, I say to pat dry cucumber noodles after you spiralize them, but here, it’s better if the cucumbers are fresh and have moisture on them – it complements the textures of this bowl better!
And for those of you wondering, I had an amazing birthday yesterday. 31 feels like it’s going to be magical, especially now that I’m officially out of the baby haze! Thanks for all the well wishes!
Mediterranean Quinoa and Hummus Bowls with Spiralized Cucumbers
- For the bowls:
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large English seedless cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese to garnish
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons warm water plus more if need
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- In the bottom of a medium mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the tahini dressing and mix well to combine. Add in the arugula and toss well until dressed. Set aside.
- Place the hummus in the middle of each bowl and load the quinoa, cucumber noodles, tomatoes, olives, and salad around in a circular pattern (or just throw it all in the bowl!) Garnish with feta and serve.