Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Noodle Waffles
If you’ve never tried a spiralized sweet potato waffle before, you need to add this Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Noodle Waffle to your list of must-makes. With just two simple ingredients (sweet potato and egg), you can make a waffle that’s gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, keto-friendly, and a tasty, clean eating friendly way to enjoy waffles.
Spiralized sweet potatoes are subtly sweet, which makes them the perfect noodle to make into a waffle. With a drizzle of maple syrup, you won’t believe how delicious these are. They’re kid friendly too, my son loves them!
You can make these waffles with just a pinch of cinnamon, you can add some fresh berries (like blueberries) or even some chocolate (try these chocolate waffles!)
I recommend using a Belgian waffle iron, because the deeper the grooves, the easier it is to really pack in the noodles and make sure they bind well together. I also recommend letting the waffle sit in the iron for a little longer than you would with a regular flour waffle, until it browns a bit.
Make these waffles this holiday season with friends or family and they will be a hit!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a sweet potato using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Noodle Waffles (Gluten-Free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 large egg beaten
- to serve: maple syrup and berries
- Heat up the waffle iron.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the sweet potato noodles and season with pumpkin spice and just a little bit of salt. Toss to coat in the oil and spice seasoning and then cook for 7 minutes or until noodles are wilted, tossing frequently.
- Add the sweet potato noodles to a large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled, add in the egg and toss well to coat the noodles in the egg. Pack the noodles into the waffle iron and cook until firm and slightly browned on the outside (about 10 minutes.)
- Serve with maple syrup and berries.