If you followed me along on Instagram last week, then you saw I was at the photoshoot for my third cookbook, coming out in spring 2018!
I haven’t shared many details about the book yet, so stay tuned, but I couldn’t be more excited about it, especially after the photoshoot.
At these photoshoots, your recipes come alive, thanks to the talented team behind the shoot, like the photographer, food stylists, prop stylists, and all the assistants.
The tentative title of the book is “Inspiralized & Beyond” (and I’m rooting for that to be the actual title), because not only will there be spiralized recipes (of course) in the book, but there will be other creative ways to turn vegetables into healthier versions of your favorite meals. I’m bringing out new tricks!
For example, there will be spaghetti squash (as a pasta alternative) and riced cauliflower (as a grain replacement!)
And as you already know, I love using GreenGiant’s Riced Veggies as rice alternatives – it’s quick, easy, and doesn’t require a big mess. My biggest gripe with making riced cauliflower is that it’s time consuming and messy, which is why I love GreenGiant – and they make fun varieties, like the one used in today’s recipe, combining riced sweet potato and cauliflower.
The riced veggies are sauteed in a simple olive oil and garlic and then topped with BBQ shredded chicken and cucumber noodles that are slathered in a yogurt sauce. It’s a quick and easy 30 minute meal that can be mostly meal prepped!
And there’s even a video on how to make today’s dish, so you can see how very easy it is! I even used another version of GreenGiant’s Riced Veggies – the Broccoli & Cauliflower version:
Note: This post was sponsored by GreenGiant. However, all opinions are my own, always.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 9 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Riced Broccoli and Cauliflower with BBQ Chicken and Dill-Cucumber Noodle Salad
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bag GreenGiant Riced Sweet Potato and Cauliflower
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large English seedless cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the GreenGiant riced veggies, and stir well to combine. Let cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the barbecue sauce to a moderate simmer in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once simmering, add the chicken and stir well to coat. Let the chicken heat up for about 5 minutes.
- While rice and chicken cook, prepare the cucumber salad. In the bottom of a medium bowl, add in the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and add in the cucumber. Toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Divide the GreenGiant rice into bowls. Top with BBQ chicken and the salad. Serve.