For the longest time, I really only ate beet noodles with goat cheese and toasted nuts. I just didn’t know what else I could do with them.
Since they’re messy, they can get ugly pretty quickly, so they’re tough to toss in a dish.
BUT, I didn’t want to wrap them in foil and wait 45 minutes for them to roast – I wanted a quick and easy way to prepare them as a side.
And thus, this recipe was born – it’s going to become your easy, go-to spiralized beet side dish. It literally goes with everything.
If you want to make this into something more substantial (like a full blown meal), you could toss in some quinoa, finely chopped spinach, and some cheese, toasted nuts, or roasted veggies, just use a little extra dressing (so maybe double the dressing when you make this dish.)
And don’t be intimidated by spiralizing beets – just wear gloves OR immediately wash your hands with soap and water after spiralizing (and your Inspiralizer). I like to take it a step further and also scrub my hands with warm water and table salt – that seems to help get some little stains out too.
However you enjoy these beets, I hope you do!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 4 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Beets with Balsamic-Chive Dressing
- 2 medium beets peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the beet noodles. Spritz with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together to oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Once beets are done, add them to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to combine. Let rest in the refrigerator until chilled and then serve.