The secret to breakfast meal prep? Sheetpan eggs! These eggs are baked in a sheet pan with spiralized peppers and chicken sausage for a flavorful and protein packed egg slice that can be sandwiched between your favorite bread or enjoyed otherwise.
Sheetpan Egg Sandwiches
There’s very little that’s more satisfying in the breakfast world than a breakfast sandwich, and if you’re normally an eggs and toast kind of person, let me present you a fancier (and easier!) version: meal prep sheet pan eggs on English muffins with creamy avocado and cream cheese (I opt for the Kitehill Almond Chive cream cheese!)
Sheetpan eggs are easy to make and great to serve to a large family or when entertaining guests. To make sheetpan eggs, you simply lay out the fillings (in this recipe, we’re using chicken sausage and spiralized bell peppers) and pour over the eggs! It’s as simple as that! Next, just bake in the oven and then cut into squares to fit onto sandwiches, over toast, or just enjoy them as is.
I love making breakfast sandwiches on English muffins, I find them fluffier and I like the texture better. Whatever you like to use, use! And get creative with your sheetpan eggs – try adding herbs and cheese for more flavor.
What I love about using spiralized vegetables in egg dishes is that they add such a gorgeous color, with minimal effort! Spiralizing bell peppers is so easy, you’ll never hand slice them again! They’re thin enough when spiralized so they cook quickly in the oven in these eggs.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
This is for 1 English muffin and about 1 tablespoon of KiteHill cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado:
Sheetpan Egg Sandwiches
- Olive oil spray for greasing
- 16 large eggs
- 1 green bell pepper Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 2-3 links of precooked chicken sausage sliced into 1/8” rounds (I used Bilinski’s brand)
- To serve: English muffins mashed avocado, cream cheese (I love Kitehill’s vegan Chive Almond Cream Cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, then add the bell peppers and chicken sausage. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, making sure the vegetables and sausage are distributed evenly.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the eggs are just set. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 10 to 12 pieces. Save what you don’t plan to use immediately in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Before the eggs are done, toast as many English muffins as you plan to make, and prepare your avocado mash.
- Take an English muffin and on one side, spread out the avocado mash. Top with an egg square. On the other muffin side, spread out your cream cheese (if using) and place on top of the egg square. Repeat until all sandwiches are made. Serve.