Can you tell when I was making the recipes for this week, I wanted to use up all the Greek yogurt and cucumbers I bought?
Well, perhaps you bought the same to make yesterday’s egg salad, so today, I’m giving you another way to use up the yogurt and cucumbers!
These easy yogurt bowls are great for those warm summer days when you want something refreshing and flavorful!
I can’t even eat salads that have cubed cucumbers anymore – it’s almost too hard to eat, my taste buds have adjusted to the spiralized consistency!
The chickpeas are spiced with simple seasonings that pop when roasted, adding instant flavor to this dish that’s complimented by the refreshing Greek yogurt, which is tangy and seasoned with fresh dill.
If you’re planning a picnic or having friends over for lunch on the weekends outside, this is the perfect meal to make them – and it doesn’t require much time in the kitchen (aside from roasting the chickpeas – but you can always buy pre-roasted chickpeas.)
Inspiralized Greeting Cards + Discount Code
In other news, did you see that we softly launched our Inspiralized greeting cards on social media yesterday? If you missed it, here they are:
I hope you love them, I can’t wait to hear what you think! And to learn more and purchase, click here.
Use code BLOG to get $1 off any card in the shop, valid for today only!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 11 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiced Chickpea Yogurt Bowls with Spiralized Cucumbers
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 small red onion Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 English seedless cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- For the yogurt sauce:
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika, cumin and cayenne. Pour the chickpeas out on the prepared baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy, shaking the pan halfway through.
- While chickpeas cook, prepare the onions. In a medium bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, honey, and salt. Add the onions and toss to coat. Cover (with a plate or plastic wrap) and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the yogurt sauce: in a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust, if needed.
- Divide the cucumber noodles among 2 bowls, then add the cooked chickpeas, tomatoes, and quick-pickled onions. Drizzle the yogurt sauce on top with a spoon and garnish with the parsley and mint. Serve.