This refreshing, tangy, and spicy mocktail is the perfect beverage to enjoy on a warm summer day, a date night in, or anytime you want something fizzy, tasty, and alcohol-free.
Spicy Grapefruit and Lime Mocktail
If you’re pregnant and are looking for a good mocktail, look no further, my simple Spicy Grapefruit and Lime Mocktail will become your new go-to! Now, before I share any further, just know that I don’t like sweet drinks in general. I have never liked sweet cocktails, I love the type of drink that makes me pucker my lips from that sour tang!
Thus, there’s no sweetener here and it’s basically just a tangy, refreshing mocktail. The spice level is buildable and all dependent on how many seeds from the jalapeño that you use. If you like it spicy, leave in a few seeds (maybe 3), but if you don’t love spice but love jalapeño flavor or essence, omit the seeds entirely.
After you make this, taste it, and adjust to your preferences – top it off with more soda water or grapefruit juice (or both!) or stir in some more jalapeño seeds. A few sprigs of mint would be nice here too, but I like to keep it simple!
There’s something about this grapefruit and lime combo that makes me feel like I’m sipping on a true cocktail! I’d love to know – what’s your go-to mocktail?
spicy grapefruit and lime mocktail
- 2 thin slices of jalapeno chopped (if you want spicy, include some of the seeds, if you just want a jalapeño flavor, omit the seeds)
- 1/2 medium to large ripe lime juiced
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice (I love Lakewood Organic)
- 1/2 cup Topo Chico (or seltzer)
- combine the jalapeno, lime juice, grapefruit juice, Topo Chico in a cocktail glass and stir well. top with ice and stir. serve.