Spiralizing broccoli is tricky, but possible.
If you’ve never had spiralized broccoli before, your mind will be blown when you have it – it has a texture similar to that of an al dente spaghetti noodle.
Plus, it’s pretty cool to literally use 100% of a vegetable (because, of course, you can use the florets too!)
When my girl Gina from Skinnytaste made this Roasted Broccoli Parmesan, I immediately thought of this dish – why not spiralize the stems, toss it together and add some chicken for protein to make this a comforting, complete dish.
If you don’t eat meat/chicken, this would work really well with Great Northern or cannellini beans. If you eat tofu, some roasted tofu cubes would be great as well.
It’s also a fun dish to eat, it’s like a mini indulgence to share with someone else — or just keep the leftovers for yourself. Speaking of leftovers, this dish reheats well, so pack it for lunch!
If you can’t find a broccoli stem large enough to spiralize, use any other veggie — everything goes with melted mozzarella and tomato sauce! Just keep the moisture content low, so avoid zucchini noodles. Instead, try sweet potato noodles for some more heartiness!
Comfort meals like this make me so happy this time of year. It reminds me of family and all of the enjoyable things in life – like cheese 🙂
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Broccoli and Chicken Cheesy Marinara Bake
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large head of broccoli stem spiralized with Blade D, florets chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1/3 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a medium oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for 7 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside and lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Add in the broccoli and broccoli noodles, season with salt and pepper, and toss. Add in the chicken broth, toss, and cook for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add back the cooked chicken and remove from the heat and pour over the marinara sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into a small casserole dish or keep it in the skillet and top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.