Say hi to the quirky and fun Lee from Fit Foodie Finds!
Not only is Lee’s recipe a creative way to use the spiralizer, it’s perfect for game day eats this football season!
I really do mean it when I say Lee’s a quirky and fun gal – just watch her over on Instagram stories. She always makes me crack up! We met on a blogger retreat years ago and ever since, I’ve loved following her and happy to call her a friend. She even recently sent our baby boy the cutest cactus romper – I can’t wait to put him in it!
Lee is the founder of the food and lifestyle website Fit Foodie Finds and is also the co-founder of the Healthy Glow Collective, a space that inspires women to live their healthiest and happiest lives.
Lee is an inspiring fellow business woman and I’m always excited to see what she comes up with next, like this delicious dip!
Go back to the basics for game day and make this crowd favorite, Caramelized Onion Dip! We lightened up this recipe by using nonfat Greek yogurt instead of mayo and sour cream. For the onions, we spiralized them with the Inpiralizer’s blade A and then roasted them in olive oil and garlic for for an easy, hands-off way to make caramelized onions. This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian!
Connect with Lee:
Note: Hi, it’s Ali! I’m currently taking time off the blog for a maternity leave. During this time, I will be featuring some of the bloggers who have inspired me – they’ve provided spiralized recipes for all of you to enjoy during my absence. I’m honored to introduce them to you if you don’t know them already – and I hope you enjoy this new series!
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything Inspiralized related, you can feel free to leave a comment and Meaghan, our Director of Community & Brand will get back to you! You can also reach her via e-mail – she will escalate anything urgent to me, but as I said, I will be preparing for my little one’s arrival and then, of course, enjoying time with him and my husband. You can follow me on Instagram for personal updates – on @inspiralizedali and @inspiralized. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I begin this exciting new chapter of my life!
Spiralized Caramelized Onion Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 large red onion spiralized
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Then, prep onion by removing skin. Use blade A from the Inspiralizer to spiralized the entire onion. Evenly spread out on a large baking sheet.
- Smash 3 cloves of garlic and then mince. Add to baking sheet. Drizzle on around 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss in order to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Roast at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes, tossing with a spatula every 10 minutes.
- Remove onions once translucent. They will reduce in size quite a bit, but make sure not to overcook because you do not want your onions to become crispy.
- Remove from oven and use a pair of scissors to chop onion strings. Add to a medium size bowl along with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Mix with a spoon and serve with sprouted crackers.