Recently, I was going through my Pinterest page and looking to see where I fell short on recipe ideas.
That made me sad, because spiralizing is such a unique way to add vegetables (and flavor!) to the most important meal of the day: breakfast!
Sorry to deprive you of breakfast recipes! Today, we change that with this Paleo eggs benny.
The sweet potato noodles take place of the egg muffins and add more flavor, more nutrients and as always, beautiful color. Plus, they’re roasted alongside avocado for more superfood power and well, everything tastes better with avocado! When you roast the avocado, it warms and becomes velvety smooth for a more welcome texture (I think!)
The hollandaise sauce is made with coconut oil instead of butter and with a smidgen of chipotle flavor.
Finally, as I mentioned yesterday, there’s a poached egg. Feel free to fry it up, sunny side it up, or over easy it up – whatever your preference, you’re the one eating it!
Making this recipe Inspiralized me to take time with my breakfasts each morning. I guess I should add that to my list of New Year’s resolutions.
My morning schedule actually isn’t as fostering as it could be. Usually, I wake up, brush my teeth, wash my face, apply some moisturizer and then get into some comfortable cooking clothes (read: jeans and a tee!)
Then, I immediately grab my phone and scroll through my notifications while I make my coffee. After I’ve made coffee, I sit down on my computer, log on and start through my emails and start my day. There’s not much time for “Ali time.”
An hour or two later, I usually make my beloved green smoothie, which fuels and nourishes me for my morning. However, since I do work from home, I do have the luxury of taking some extra time on breakfast. I always tell myself that my time is better spent working, but cooking is therapeutic for me and I always come up with my best ideas while cooking!
So, cheers to making more spiralized breakfast recipes! And cheers to positive life goals, resolutions, affirmations and outlooks!
How do you incorporate spiralized vegetables into your breakfast?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Spiralized Paleo Eggs Benedict with Roasted Sweet Potato Noodles, Avocado and Chipotle Hollandaise
- 1 large sweet potato Blade C, noodles trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado insides cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- For the sauce:
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 chipotle pepper + 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the sweet potato noodles on a baking sheet, lightly coat with cooking spray and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over with the avocado cubes and then roast for 10-13 minutes or until the sweet potato noodles are cooked to your preference.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks, lemon juice, se salt, chipotle pepper and sauce in a blender and blend for about 10 seconds. Then, set the blender on medium and slowly pour in the coconut oil to thicken. Once thickened, set aside.
- After the hollandaise sauce is made, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a steady simmer. Crack the eggs individually into a ramekin or small bowl. Then, create a gentle whirpool in the simmering water to help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Slowly tip the egg into the water. Let cook for three minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and gently rest on a paper towel lined plate.
- Once the sweet potato noodles and avocado are done, place like a “nest” on three plates. Top each with poached (or fried, if you don’t feel like poaching!) egg and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.