Today’s recipe is provided by Brittany Mullins from the inspirationally healthy site, Eating Bird Food.
I love salads like these – just spiralize and chop a bunch of veggies, toss them together with an easy vinaigrette, and eat!
While I’ve never met Brittany in person (yet! I hope to some day!), I love keeping in touch with her online. She’s so kind, friendly, and always encouraging me and Inspiralized.
Brittany is a health coach and founder of the site eatingbirdfood.com where she shares recipes, workouts, wellness articles, travel adventures and more. She focuses on living a balanced life through healthy habits over dieting and rather than promoting a specific diet, she strives to share real-food, plant-focused meals that are not only nutritious, but also delicious and satisfying.
Salads are one of my all-time favorite foods and the easiest way to pack a ton of fresh veggies, lean protein, smart carbs and healthy fats into a bowl and make a meal out of it.
I have at least one salad a day and it’s a habit I strongly recommend to anyone looking to eat healthier. Team #saladeveryday.
We have a local Vietnamese restaurant that makes a crunchy, fresh salad topped with grilled shrimp that I just love. This particular salad inspired me to get creative in the kitchen and come up with a recipe that’s similar, but with shredded chicken.
Although there’s no actual lettuce involved, this salad is loaded with crunchy veggies, a good source of lean protein and tons of flavor.
The best part? All the vegetables you need for this salad can be spiralized, even the cabbage! I hadn’t spiralized cabbage before making this recipe and was shocked by the perfect cabbage shreds that it creates. No food processor necessary!
Connect with Brittany:
Note: Hi, it’s Ali! I’m currently taking time off the blog for a maternity leave. During this time, I will be featuring some of the bloggers who have inspired me – they’ve provided spiralized recipes for all of you to enjoy during my absence. I’m honored to introduce them to you if you don’t know them already – and I hope you enjoy this new series!
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything Inspiralized related, you can feel free to leave a comment and Meaghan, our Director of Community & Brand will get back to you! You can also reach her via e-mail – she will escalate anything urgent to me, but as I said, I will be preparing for my little one’s arrival and then, of course, enjoying time with him and my husband. You can follow me on Instagram for personal updates – on @inspiralizedali and @inspiralized. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I begin this exciting new chapter of my life!
Spiralized Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- 1/3 medium cabbage Blade C
- 1 medium daikon radish peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 medium cucumber Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 2 carrots peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 small jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- sesame seeds or crushed peanuts for topping
- Vietnamese Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Combine cabbage, daikon, cucumber and carrot noodles, shredded chicken, cilantro, basil, jalapeno and green onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl until coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine and let stand for 5 minutes before portioning onto plates for serving. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds and/or crushed peanuts. Garnish with additional cilantro, basil and green onions.