Raw veggies wraps are seriously my jam.
They’re great for those days when you have no idea what to eat for lunch. All you have to do is spiralize all the veggies in your fridge, roll them up in a wrap with some hummus and avocado and voila: a filling, healthy, nutrient-packed meal.
When we went to Bali (did you see the recap on my lifestyle blog?) we stumbled upon this adorable hut restaurant on the beach called Kelly’s Warung. It was our last day in Bali and we were headed to the airport later that day to go back home. I’m so happy we stopped at this spot because I had the most unbelievable veggie wrap with raw beets.
Thus, today’s recipe is inspired by that wrap. While I’m not eating it beachside, it’s still just as delicious – and now, spiralized. The beets are what really drive this wrap home – they are gorgeous in color and offer a nice, new flavor.
I usually use Ezekial’s wraps, but I used a gluten-free wrap because that’s all they had at the grocery store, so it broke apart and made this dish a bit harder to photograph.
Pretty much, add in here any veggies you’d like – and switch it up to your preferences. The beet/cucumber/carrot combination is tasty, but feel free to add in zucchini noodles and swap.
And if you’re meal planning and spiralizing veggies in advance, this wrap is even easier to make on the fly – and saves well when wrapped up for lunch!
Win a Copy of The New Cookbook
Tonight at 11:59pm EST, the Inspiralize Everything giveaway ends, so make sure you enter to win! Enter on Instagram or Facebook – three followers will win a signed copy of the cookbook. Winners are announced tomorrow on the blog and only open to US addresses. Good luck and thank you for your support!
Check out the latest post on my lifestyle blog, inspiralized ali:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
The Ultimate Spiralized Vegetable Wrap
- 4 large whole grain wraps or collard greens
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 small avocado thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 4 pinches of sprouts
- 1 seedless English cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed (if you can’t find a large enough carrot for spiralizing, just julienne it!)
- 1 medium beet peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- toothpicks for securing
- Lay out a wrap on a clean, level surface (like a cutting board or on a plate.) Spread out an even layer of hummus. Top with avocado and tomato slices. Then, add the spinach, sprouts, and spiralized cucumbers, carrots, and beets. Carefully wrap the wrap like a burrito, first closing in the sides and the rolling tightly. Secure both ends with toothpicks and then slice in half. Repeat until all vegetables are used (my vegetables yielded about 3-4 wraps.)
- Enjoy now or refrigerate for later. You can also press the sandwich in a panini press to heat slightly.