Despite being in a sugar coma when I woke up yesterday (from all the birthday cake and treats over the weekend, celebrating Lu’s birthday), I’m still sharing today’s recipe.
It’s a much healthier option than the junk I had over the weekend (birthday cake gelato, hello, I love you), it’s homemade, and it uses spiralized fruit!
For everyone who’s been flocking to the farms to pick pumpkins and apples, I have the perfect weekend activity for you: make your own chocolate bark, using those leftover apples. Spiralize them, mix them with some melted vegan chocolate, freeze, and voila – your own chocolate bark.
I’m a sucker for William Sonoma’s peppermint bark, and I get so giddy each year when it comes out around the holidays. When I was younger, we used to buy cases of the bark and give it to teachers for the holidays. I don’t know what I love more: their peppermint bark or walking through their stores during the holidays.
There’s something very special about a Williams Sonoma store during the holidays. Today, I’m recreating my own chocolate bark and who knows, maybe I’ll wrap it up and gift it this year!
The apple noodles add a fruity and fresh taste to each bite of bark – the apple noodles break up as you mix them together with the melted chocolate and therefore spread out in the bark perfectly. I added almond butter, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, and sea salt, but honestly, it’s good just with chocolate and apples!
Beware: this stuff is addictive! It’s a fun activity to do and check off your fall bucket list. And a great way to use that basket of apples you brought home from the farm!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 4 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Vegan Spiralized Apple Bark with Almond Butter, Coconut and Sea Salt
- 10 oz bag Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples Blade C
- 1.5 tablespoons almond butter approximate
- 3 teaspoons coconut flakes approximate
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds approximate
- sea salt to sprinkle (about 1 teaspoon)
- Line a 17" x 11" baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a non-stick pot over medium heat and melt, stirring slowly to help. If you don't have a non-stick pot, boil water in a pot and place a glass bowl on top and place in the chocolate and melt, stirring slowly.
- Pour the chocolate into a large bowl and add in the apple noodles and stir well until apple noodles break up and combine with the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate-apple mix out in the baking sheet in one even thin layer. Top evenly with almond butter (by the 1/2 teaspoon), coconut flakes, almonds, and then sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Transfer to the freezer and chill for at least 1 hour or until hardened.
- Cut into 24 squares and enjoy.