Welp, cookbook week is over and the blog is back to business as usual.
However, if you haven’t picked up your copy of Inspiralize Everything, please do! And, if you do, make sure you enter your confirmation information here to receive the Bonus Packet, including new recipes, a Sauces & Dressings pairings guide, and my 7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle.
Then, read up on all of the fun contests and challenges that are going on for the rest of August!
Thank you to all of you who have already shared your feedback (and food pics!) for the new cookbook – I’m so proud of this book and the resounding feedback has been, “It’s even better than the first book!”
We’ll be announcing our first winners of the contests tomorrow on the blog, so for those of you who have been participating, stay tuned!
Now, today’s recipe uses kohlrabi (that alien looking turnip-like veggie in your CSA boxes and at the farmer’s market) and a simple, easy creamy corn sauce. And when I say creamy, that doesn’t mean dairy cream – it means pureed corn with a dash of vegetable broth.
Seriously, I want to use this corn sauce on everything – even sandwiches! The corn is cooked with shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes and then pureed to a perfect consistency and then tossed with the softened kohlrabi noodles and some reserved whole corn for a crunch!
If you’re looking to amp up the protein level here, toss in your favorite protein (chicken or shrimp would be great!) or enjoy this as a light dinner or lunch.
And if you are doing the #CookTheCookbook challenge with me, here’s my schedule of meals this week:
Tonight: Poached Salmon over Jicama Noodle Salad with Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Dressing
Monday, Aug 22: Chicken Tagine with Apricot Golden Beet Rice
Tuesday, Aug 23: California Roll Sushi Bowl with Ginger-Carrot Dressing
Wednesday, Aug 24: Crabless Crab Cakes with Green Apple Guacamole
Thursday, Aug 25: Ginger-Crab Fried Daikon Rice
Inspiralizer Sale – 20% off (Last day!)
To celebrate the launch of Inspiralize Everything, the Inspiralizer was 20% off all week! Today is the last day to grab it at the $39.95 price (20% off, normally $49.95!)
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 cups corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable broth + more as needed
- 2 medium kohlrabis, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the garlic, red pepper flakes and shallots. Cook until shallots soften, about 2 minutes. Add in the corn, season with salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes or until corn softens.
- Transfer all but ¼ cup of the corn mixture and vegetable broth into a blender or food processor and process until smooth, adding more broth if needed – it should be a thick sauce consistency. Transfer the ¼ cup of corn to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the kohlrabi noodles to the skillet and place back over medium-high heat. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let cook, tossing occasionally, until the kohlrabi wilts to your preference, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once kohlrabi is cooked, add back in the pureed corn and reserved corn and toss well to combine.
- Divide the mixture to two bowls and garnish with parsley.