There hasn’t ever been a celebrity cookbook that I was this excited about. Today’s dish is an #inspiralized version of one of the recipes from Chrissy Teigen’s recently published, NY-times best-selling cookbook, Cravings.
While I’ve always dug Chrissy Teigen’s no-BS attitude, I never knew she had such skills in the kitchen!
The cookbook itself is gorgeous – the layout, the food photography, and of course, the shots of Chrissy and her husband, John Legend. I mean… Lu and I could never pull this off:
Since the book is titled “cravings” and Chrissy’s always posting gluttonous food porn on her Instagram, I was worried there would be nothing in this book for me – but quite the contrary! Most of the recipes can either be modified to fit certain dietary preferences or are mostly wholesome, like with today’s recipe for Sesame Chicken Noodles (that’s the original title.)
The recipes are easy to follow, and like the title suggests, full of recipes that you’ll actually want to make. There are great entertaining recipes, but then there are easy salads and pastas, like with the one I’m sharing today.
I love the cute glimpses into her fabulous life with John and her cute anecdotes in the headnotes for the recipes. Chrissy’s sarcastic, hilarious voice comes through even in the recipe verbiage itself. So, it’s a fun book to read at the very least!
Anyway, enough about my girl crush on Chrissy- let’s get to the recipe! Seriously, I was so impressed with a) how easy this recipe was to make and b) how outstanding the Asian tahini-sesame sauce was! It was the perfect thickness to coat the zucchini noodles and was packed with Asian salty, savory flavor. I was so impressed! I’ll definitely be making this recipe for guests, it’s a crowd pleaser.
If you’d like to grab Chrissy’s new book (it came out February 23rd this year), you can grab it here.
And Chrissy… if you’re listening, I can come over and whip you and John up something spiralized anytime you’d like :) Just sayin’.
Whole Foods Event Tonight
Attention all of my New York City area followers! I’ll be spiralizing at Whole Foods Market in TriBeCa tonight from 7-8:30pm. Bring your cookbooks, I’ll be signing and having a Q&A/meet and greet afterwards! I’ll be running an “Inspiralized 101″ demo, including a light food tasting!
I can’t wait to see you there! RSVP here on Facebook (not necessary, but helps with food prep, etc)!
- kosher salt
- 1 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 medium zucchinis, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Salt it so that it tastes good, add the chicken breast, and remove the pot from the heat. Cover and let the chicken sit until cooked but very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and cut into it to check its doneness; if it's still a little pink, return it to the water for another minute or two. Remove the chicken to a plate and let it rest.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and once the pan is heated, add in the zucchini noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, peanut oil, tahini, soy sauce, vinegar, chili oil, honey, cayenne, and garlic until smooth.
- Shred the chicken with your hands or chop it into bite-size pieces and add it ot the noodles. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with the scallions.