Happy Monday, everyone! As you read this when it posts in the morning, I am most likely still en route home, having taken a red eye flight home Sunday evening.
Total zombie mode today.
I’m writing this on Thursday (March 3rd), but let’s pretend it’s Monday. This past weekend, I celebrated the upcoming nuptials of one of my childhood best friends at her bachelorette party! This will have been my first bachelorette party, aside from my own last year!
We went to Palm Springs, one of my favorite places to vacation (too bad it’s 830456345 miles away on the west coast.)
Needless to say, I figured I’d schedule a super healthy post for Monday, because I’m going to be needing all of the vegetables possible. #alltheveggies
I’m really excited about today’s recipe. And yes, the blog is still vegan! It’s still March, right?
Roasting beets are my favorite way to cook them and personally, there’s no better way to season beets than with balsamic vinegar! They become tangy, which works really well with the salty taste of the brussels sprouts, which are roasted in soy sauce.
Now for this hummus dressing. If you’re making this as a side dish for dinner, omit the dressing. But, if you’re making this for lunch or a starter salad to a meal, keep the dressing! I was trying to figure out what to serve with these veggies and I thought, “Why not just add a dollop of hummus?” Then, I was researching about lemons (a whoooole other story) and I discovered a hummus dressing with lemon from Martha Stewart.
That lady knows her stuff – this dressing is perfect!
Now here we are. You’re going to love this recipe – and it saves well in the refrigerator, for up to 3-4 days!
If you need me, I’ll be slurping caffeine for the rest of the day.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Balsamic Roasted Spiralized Beets with Brussels Sprouts and Hummus Dressing
- For the brussels sprouts:
- 1 heaping cup halved brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce low sodium
- pepper to taste
- For the beets:
- 1 medium beet peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the hummus dressing:
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On one of the baking sheets, lay out the brussels sprouts. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and soy sauce and drizzle over the sprouts. Toss the sprouts to combine and then season with pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the beets. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder.
- On the other baking sheet, lay out the beet noodles and drizzle with the balsamic mixture. Toss the noodles together until combined and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 7 minutes or until al dente.
- While the beets and brussels sprouts roast, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Divide the beet noodles and brussels into two bowls and top with hummus dressing.