I’m all about Instagram’s Boomerang application right now. I wish I could make all of my posts with Boomerang (like this one), but I’m sure that would get obnoxious real quickly.
Speaking of obnoxious, did you see my Instagram cover reveal? I posted every 30 minutes for about 4.5 hours and slowly released the cover of my new cookbook.
I saw some rapper drop an album cover that way and I thought it was cool, but I’m pretty sure about 200 of you stopped following Inspiralized because of it. Whoops.
Anyway, I’m excited not only about Instagram’s Boomerang feature, but ALSO about this dang good taco recipe. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it incorporates two of my favorite things: avocadoes and spiralizing.
The jicama is tangy, slightly spicy, and offers the perfect amount of moisture to make these tacos THE best.
And how doesn’t love some guacamole-style avocado mash? Every bite is that much more delicious.
If you don’t do tortillas, you’re crazy. Juuuussstt kidding. If you don’t do tortillas, make these lettuce wraps instead!
In case you don’t know how to build a taco, here’s a fun collage for you:
That’s it! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend. Lu’s mother is in town and we celebrated our niece’s one year birthday yesterday. She’s the absolute most precious little person in the world (don’t believe me?)
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points (per taco)
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Black Bean Tacos with Spiralized Jicama and Avocado Mash
- For jicama salad:
- 1 medium jicama peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- For the avocado mash:
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 avocado peeled, pitted
- For the rest:
- 2 15- oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 12 corn tortillas or bibb lettuce, if making lettuce wraps
- Place the black beans and broth in a medium pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 5 minutes or until liquid reduces by about 1/2. Using a fork or a potato masher, roughly mash the beans. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until liquid reduces.
- While the beans cook, prepare the jicama salsa and avocado mash. Place all of the ingredients for the jicama salsa into a large mixing bowl and toss thoroughly to combine. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, place in all of the ingredients for the avocado mash and mash until the mixture is smooth with some chunks.
- When the beans are ready, build your tacos! Set out one taco and add a spoonful of beans. Top with jicama salsa and then avocado mash. Repeat to build 12 tacos.