Once the weather starts to warm up, I start craving buffalo flavored everything.
Maybe it’s the pregnancy, maybe it’s the weather – either way, expect more buffalo flavor on this blog in the next few months!
Today, we’re making a creamy buffalo sauce using Greek yogurt and hot sauce. Easy and delicious!
Everyone asks when you’re pregnant, “Oh, how are you feeling?! Have you been craving anything weird?!” and aside from wanting more sweets and junky food, I didn’t have any crazy cravings. I wasn’t dipping pickles in peanut butter, ya know?
I definitely started eating more pizza, chips, and frozen yogurt than ever before – like, I’ve eaten more fro-yo the past three months than I did in all of 2016. No joke.
Anyway, I’m curious to see how my tastebuds change as this baby keeps growing. I’m doing another weekly recap over on inspiralizedali on Thursday (weeks 17-20), so if you’re interested in those updates, follow along.
But back to this recipe – it’s easy to make, you can even buy pre-shredded chicken (perhaps from a rotisserie chicken) and use it instead of poaching and shredding it on your own – that would cut down the cook time by 20 minutes at least!
I love the Greek yogurt buffalo sauce – it’s creamy, crisp, and can easily be modified to fit your spicy preferences. I like it spicy, but I kept it more mild in the recipe, so if you like spicy, add an extra tablespoon of hot sauce!
Also, all of the spiralized veggies counter the spiciness, for an even, buffalo taste. These bowls are topped with all the right fixin’s – avocado, corn, tomatoes, and of course, blue cheese.
These bowls save well for a couple days in the refrigerator, so feel free to meal prep these!
Now you can watch a cooking video of this recipe:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 5 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Buffalo Chicken Bowls with Zucchini and Carrot Noodles
- For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 5-6 tablespoons hot sauce depending on how spicy you like it
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- For the salad:
- 2 large zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 large carrot Blade D, noodles trimmed
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup organic canned corn drained, rinsed, patted dry
- Avocado optional
- Place the chicken in a medium pot and cover with water and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high-heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let cook for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- While chicken cooks, place the Greek yogurt, hot sauce, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in the bottom of a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the shredded chicken, zucchini noodles, carrot noodles, and toss well to combine.
- Divide the salad onto four plates and top each with cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, and corn. Serve.