The Wednesday before any three-day weekend or Monday vacation holiday is always brutal… we’re halfway through the week, yet the time between now and when our toes first hit the sand seems like forever, right? In the meantime, why don’t we distract ourselves with two days of spiralized Labor Day recipes….
Of course, there are already many Inspiralized recipes that will be perfect for your festivities, such as:
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Zucchini Pasta Salad with Beans, Peppers & Corn
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Pesto Zucchini Pasta with Green Beans and Potatoes
Burgers & Sandwiches, etc
- Spiralized Sandwich Bun: replace regular boring buns with spiralized sandwich buns for your burgers!
- Spiralized Margherita Pizza
What’s missing? Some sides and appetizers! Today’s recipe is a twist on a classic Italian favorite: the caprese salad. By spiralizing a zucchini into ribbons, we have an instant healthy pasta salad.
While it’s not crucial that you marinade the ribbons for 10 minutes, it helps soften the zucchini a bit and take out the crunch. This salad is refreshing and won’t overpower any of your other menu items – it complements everything! Plus, it’s a colorful and pretty dish for your table…
Stay tuned tomorrow for another side menu item for your Labor Day par-tay!
Caprese Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 2 zucchinis Blade A
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 small mozzarella balls halved
- For the marinade:
- 3 tbsp lemon juice squeezed from a lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Lay the zucchini ribbons out. With a scissor, make sure that no ribbons are longer than 6". Once done, place in a bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the zucchini ribbons and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add in the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Serve in a platter as a pasta salad or side dish!