Every year, for Mother’s Day, I remember we would make breakfast in bed for my mother. It was so much fun, preparing her breakfast. I don’t remember exactly what we would prepare for her (I was 7 or so), but I remember toast, cereal, and then my father would prepare the coffee.
I wasn’t making anything fancy like a frittata at 7 years old, but, now, if I was hosting a Mother’s Day brunch, I would definitely make a frittata like today’s, my Carrot Noodle and Leek Frittata!
One of my favorite ways to use spiralized veggies is in a frittata – it’s an easy way to pack in the veggies first thing in the morning and also makes “breakfast for dinner” much more satisfying.
If you can’t find carrots big enough to spiralize, you can swap in other veggies here – butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potato, and parsnip would work really well, too!
SO, if you’re looking for something to make your mama for Mother’s Day, try a spiralized frittata!
And this is our last blog post before the new cookbook comes out next week! I cannot BELIEVE it’s already here. May 1st is the release date, and I have SO many exciting things planned for that week, including giveaways, recipe videos, Facebook and Instagram lives, so make sure you’re following along on Instagram and Facebook so you don’t miss a thing!
And if you haven’t pre-ordered, you can now! And once you pre-order, make sure to enter your confirmation number here to receive a Bonus Packet, full of weekly meal plans, bonus recipes, and a discount code on the Inspiralizer!
Thanks in advance for all of your support, and I’ll see you Sunday for a new post – I’ll be sharing a recipe from the new cookbook! It’s going to be “cookbook week” on the blog!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a carrot using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Carrot Noodle and Leek Frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups sliced leeks
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a 10" oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the leeks and carrot noodles, season with salt and pepper and cook until leeks are softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour over the eggs and add the feta cheese, pressing the cheese into the eggs. Let the frittata cook until the bottom is set and then transfer to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs fully set.