This gluten-free cheeseburger pizza has all of the flavors and fixings of a classic cheeseburger, minus the bun and plus a cauliflower crust. Topped with lettuce, onions, and pickles, this cheeseburger pizza is a quick and easy weeknight meal for the whole family.
What is cheeseburger pizza? It’s pizza with all the fixings of a cheeseburger, without the bun! This style of pizza is fun for the whole family, especially the kids! If you’re grain free, it’s also an inventive way to enjoy a classic.
Instead of using a traditional pizza crust, here, we’re using a cauliflower crust. Specifically, we’re using a cauliflower crust from the brand Cali’flour Foods, which I’ve loved for a while and now, they’ve come out with a cookbook, called Cali’Flour Kitchen! To be totally honest, I’m always skeptical when brands come out with cookbooks. They seem to fall short, and I rarely share them with you all. But in this case, I was blown away! From cauliflower croutons to cauliflower nachos, this cookbook pleasantly surprised me!
The pizza base is a combo of mustard and ketchup, so every bite has a cheeseburger flare, which I love. You could spiralize your pickles as well, but I couldn’t find whole pickles, only pickle spears, so I just sliced them up – it adds the perfect saltiness to this pizza.
If you want an alternative to ground beef, try ground turkey! It’ll be like a turkey cheeseburger pizza! Or, if you’re totally meat-free (ie vegetarian), you could use crumbled walnut taco meat instead OR tofu crumbles or just omit the meat entirely! You can still enjoy the cheeseburger-y flavors without the meat, oddly.
- 1 Cali’flour Pizza Crust or any variety of pizza crust you'd like to use
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small dill pickle sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered red onion I spiralized the red onion on Blade A and then chopped up the noodles - makes for perfectly even slivers!
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise I use Sir Kensington's vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or get out your pizza pan and put your crust on it. Once the oven is preheated, bake the crust for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break it up, for about 7 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, stir in the salt, and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup and mustard.
- Spread the ketchup mixture over the crust. Arrange the beef on top and scatter the cheese over the beef. Place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven to a cutting board and top with the pickle and red onion. Drizzle the mayonnaise on top and finish with the lettuce. Slice and serve.