Crispy Pork Chops with Spiralized Sweet Potatoes and Charred Brussels Sprouts
The secret to these juicy, crispy pork chops? To get perfectly crispy pork chops, you need a great searing process. Typically, you’re supposed to let meat sit and not move it, but I love this method because of the crispy crust.
My other tip for a crispy, tasty, and salty pork chop crust is to generously season with salt and pepper before cooking. It takes more time at the stove, but as your pork chop turns golden brown, you’ll be a happy and proud chef.
What I love about these pork chops is that their delicious juices and fat release in the oil they’re cooked in and create the mixture that the brussels sprouts are cooked in, infusing those flavors into the sprouts. The sprouts char from the hot pork chop juice and are simply seasoned with salt and pepper.
This is a simple, easy, and quick gluten free meal that will make your weeknight rotation.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Easy Pork Chops with Spiralized Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 bone-in pork chops 1-1.5 inch thick
- 4 heaping cups brussels sprouts sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- Season one side of the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the pork chops, seasoned side down. Season generously with salt and pepper and let sear on high heat for 3 minutes, flip, and sear another 3 full minutes. Flip again and let cook for 5 minutes and flip again. Repeat 3 more times (5 minutes per side) or until pork chop register 160 degrees on the fattiest part. Remove the chops and set aside on a plate to rest. Immediately add in the brussels sprouts, season with half of the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and fork tender.
- ?While the pork chops cook, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the sweet potato noodles and season with the remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss until al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covering to keep warm.
- ?Once everything is cooked (sweet potato noodles, pork chops, brussels sprouts), divide into two bowls and serve.