I’m trying to give the people what they want and it seems that you all are loving the easy pasta salads! That’s best for me, because it takes the guesswork out of recipe creation and fills my fridge with refreshing salads that I snack on all week.
Plus, it’s scary that there really is less than a month left of official summer. Blagh. I still haven’t been to a Yankees game or gone down the shore!!
Who knew that crunchy cucumbers and scallions would go so well together with cilantro, tangy lime and salty feta. Well, now we know and I’m so happy to share this one with you.
Every week, I buy scallions at the farmer’s market. Every week, I think I’m going to make my ginger scallion egg drop soup (I’ve been really craving it for a while.) For whatever reason, I never get around to it and the scallions go bad.
This time, I was determined not to waste the scallions, so I wanted to enjoy their crunchiness in a pasta salad. Of course, cucumbers are easiest for everyone and I thought they’d complement the onion flavors in the scallions. Boy, was I right!
The cilantro and lime vinaigrette coats the cucumbers and scallions, giving this dish a tangy, zesty and slightly sweet flavor, while the feta cheese gives that salty taste and elegantly creamy texture.
While I snacked on this all week, it has so many uses:
- as a side dish, alongside grilled chicken or avocado
- as a main course, with some quinoa or beans for extra protein
- as a salad starter to a meal
- rolled up as a sandwich in a collard green or whole wheat wrap
However you decide to use this salad, you’re going to love it. It stores well in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, just make sure to give it a thorough toss before serving.
You can also easily turn this into a noodle dish, by adding some edamame and tomatoes and using Blade C instead of A. Basically, like many of my salads and pasta salads, this recipe is meant to be a great starting point for something potentially even more fabulous!
What’s your favorite way to use spiralized cucumbers?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Cucumber, Scallion and Feta Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 large seedless cucumbers Blade A
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- For the dressing:
- 1.5 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Pat the cucumber noodles try to remove excess moisture. Place the cucumber noodles and scallions in a serving bowl and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together. Pour over the cucumber noodles and top with feta.