After last week’s cucumber noodle bowl with a summer chopped chicken salad, I’ve been craving cucumber noodle bowls.
With temperatures hot and the abundance of fresh cucumbers, what’s not to love about these easy spiralized bowls?
Today’s cucumber noodle bowl features a curried chicken salad with sweet raisins and crunchy celery and almonds. This dish has the perfect balance of sweet, savory, crunchy, and refreshing.
The cucumber noodles become coated with the curried chicken and each bite comes with a bit of fresh cucumber that complements that strong curry taste. The almonds give it an extra bite and some healthy fats, while the raisins give it a taste of sweet.
I’m seriously obsessed with cucumber noodle bowls, but if you aren’t set on the idea, try putting all of this in a wrap, a collard green, or even as an open-faced sandwich! If you have this as a sandwich, I’d suggest tossing together the cucumber noodles with the curried chicken mixture, for ease of serving.
I got into curried and creamy salads after writing one of the recipes for my next cookbook, Inspiralize Everything. I made Collard Wraps with Curried Egg and Apple Salad – they’re SO dreamy!
No matter which way you enjoy your curried chicken salad, you’re going to love this combo. And if you’re a vegetarian, sub in eggs instead of chicken or even some mashed chickpeas and avocado. Do you!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Curried Chicken Salad with Spiralized Cucumbers
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast OR 1 cup cubed cooked chicken (if using pre-cooked chicken, skip the first part of this recipe’s directions)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or vegan mayonnaise or mashed ripe avocado
- pepper if using Greek yogurt, add in 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard as well
- 1/4 heaping cup diced celery
- 1.5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1/2 large English cucumber
- Place the chicken in a saucepan or wide skillet and add water to cover. Salt the water and set over high heat and bring to a roaring simmer. Once roaring, lower heat to medium-low and let cook for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is no longer pink. Drain and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- While chicken cooks, prepare the curry mix: in the bottom of a medium mixing bowl, add the Greek yogurt (or vegan mayonnaise), salt, pepper, celery, curry powder, almonds, and raisins. Stir together well to combine. Set aside in the refrigerator while you wait for the chicken to finish.
- Spiralize the cucumber with Blade A and trim the noodles. Divide into two bowls and set aside.
- Once chicken is done, add it to the bowl with the curry seasoning and mix well to coat the chicken. Divide this prepared chicken mixture over the bowls with the cucumber noodles. Serve immediately.