My family’s go-to salmon cakes, they’re fool-proof, flavorful, and very versatile. Serve them up with some roasted veggies and ranch for a full, satisfying meal!
Easy Salmon Cakes
When I say these are fool-proof, I really mean it – I have made these at least 20 times now! This is the kind of recipe I’ll pass down to my kids and along to friends! It’s just one of those great, easy-to-follow, tasty recipes that can be made in a pinch.
Salmon cakes are especially great to have in your recipe repertoire because they’re versatile. You can give them a Southwestern flair with some cilantro, corn, and certain seasonings OR you can give them a Thai flavor with some curry paste and chili garlic sauce. Or, just add some dill for an extra zesty cake!
Basically, you place everything in a bowl, mix it together until you can form into cakes and then sauté in a little bit of oil. The crust gets a little crispy, the inside is firm, and it’s a pantry-stable way to enjoy salmon! I haven’t tried this with tuna, but it can be done – use wild albacore tuna (Wild Planet brand is the best!)
As for a dip – just go with ranch! You can make a fancy aioli if you’d like, but good ‘ole ranch will do the trick! I hope you love these salmon cakes and they move with your family too! You don’t have to give me credit 😉
Easy Salmon Cakes
- 15 oz canned salmon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined and mixture can be formed into patties.
- form into 8 patties (or 10smaller ones.) for best results, let sit in fridge for 20 minutes (not necessary, but makes them a bit firmer.)
- heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. add salmon cakes and cook for 5-7 minutes per side to brown. serve