I am officially back from our babymoon in Hawaii and jumping right back into the swing of things with these elote-style zucchini noodles, adapted from this Cooking Light recipe.
We flew back on Saturday (lost the whole day traveling) and arrived on Sunday morning around 6:45am. We hopped right in bed, slept until 12:30pm and then my family came over to celebrate Father’s Day.
Needless to say, I woke up this morning tired, but ready to focus on everything spiralized!
The babymoon was exactly what I needed to de-stress and get excited about this baby! It’s easy to kind of forget your pregnant during this trimester, because your energy levels are back to normal and most of the less-pleasant symptoms are gone. So, it was lovely to spend a week in Maui, Hawaii, with my husband.
I read almost three full books, relaxed, got plenty of time on the beach, drank lots of pineapple and coconut mocktails, and ate plenty of banana bread (probably too much!) It’s just so nice to be away from home – we didn’t bring our laptops and barely loaded up our email (I didn’t actually do any work except for post pictures on Instagram!)
I’m going to be doing a full Hawaii/babymoon recap over on my lifestyle blog later this week, so if you want to hear all about it and my thoughts on Hawaii, bookmark Inspiralizedali!
This salad was featured in Cooking Light magazine (and they have the same recipe online) and I immediately knew I had to try it out – with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. If you’re a sour cream fan, go for it! Greek yogurt is a lighter option, but it’s only two tablespoons used in the recipe, so go with what you prefer.
This salad would go great with some seared flank steak, grilled chicken, or some spicy shrimp. Or, toss some quinoa into the overall mixture for a boost of veggie-friendly protein.
I’m off to cook tomorrow’s recipe (can you tell I’m behind?!), but in the meantime, I hope this easy zucchini noodle dish makes your summer must-make list!
Now you can watch a cooking video of this recipe:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 3 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Elote with Zucchini Noodles
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels cooked - or just use corn from a can
- 1 large zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco cheese or feta will work too
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- In the bottom of a large bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, cilantro, oil, lime juice, and salt. Add the corn and zucchini noodles and toss well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl or platter and top with cheese and chili powder. Serve.